What kind of piccilo snare to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of piccilo snare to buy?

I am already running a Marc Quintos signare timbale snare I got for $80 (a steal) and was curious if there was a shallower mini snare that sounds similar?

If you're looking to keep the 12 inch diameter, the old Tama metalworks lineup included a 12x4. I own one myself and have seen left over stock and used models quite commonly. Great drums, versitile. I believe the shell is 1.2mm stainless; it tunes well with most every type of head and tension I've tried, including tight with single-ply heads for that classic piccolo tone. I know Taye also offers a 12x4 stainless, and Pearl even has a couple 10x4 snares. If you'd be willing to go for a 13 inch drum, there a lot of options from a lot of well known companies all the way down to 3 inch depth. Good price points on most of these too.

Comment

Ok I will look into those thanks for the help! I appericate it

Comment

Good luck! I hope to see some pics/review if you decide to get something.

Comment

Im not really in the market right now for another piccilo snare of anything I want a maple or birch normal snare to replace my alloy one! I was just curious about other piccilos....

Comment

Originally posted by Shamrockhogg View Post
            Im not really in the market right now for another piccilo snare of anything I want a maple or birch normal snare to replace my alloy one! I was just curious about other piccilos....
            What's your budget?
            Looking to sell my 14x5.5 Ludwig "Blacrolite."

Comment

About 100-200$ right now

Comment

I would save up for a MCX snare. They cost about $400 new. I bet if you look around on eBay and Craigslist, you can find one in good shape for much less.
                Looking to sell my 14x5.5 Ludwig "Blacrolite."

Comment

Brand new Pearl firecracker 12x5 8-ply is right in your price range.
                  sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Working...
                  X