tune bass & snare versatild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tune bass & snare versatild

Friends, what can You tell me to get the best sound to tune the kick and snare my vision vbx pearl ruby ​​fade fusion sizes, the bass drum has protone heads and the snare has evans hazy 300 and G14. In the bass I want to achieve a natural bass drum 20 inches, that is not as rock, but still be versatile

First off, if you have the cash, get at least a new batter head for the kick.

Comment

don't get hung up on changing the heads in my opinion, they ones that come with pearl kits are ok. On a 20" kick, tune both the heads from F-G using the overtones from around the edge of the drum, tune it A LOT tighter than you'd think, it will go "dummmmmmm" once you get to the point it starts getting resonant.

The kick will go thump now, even with no dampening.
      Istanbul Mehmet Nostalgia Cymbals www.cymbalvault.com.au

Comment

The Protone kick heads are a PS3/PS4 equivalent, nothing wrong with them if you can get the sound you want from them.
        VBX Concord Fade 7 Piece
        Kick Sub Mod
        How to: Split your double (P2002) Eliminator into singles (P2000)

sigpic

dFd Black Chrome 2.3mm hoops for sale, single 6", 8, 10, 12, 14(8 hole), 16, 18 (pairs)

Comment

Originally posted by SAManiac View Post
          First off, if you have the cash, get at least a new batter head for the kick.
          I'd replace that batter as well. (Try a superkick I, or II, a GMAD, or EMAD I or II, or a Powerstroke 3) Protones are stock, low quality alternatives to the real deal. They'll work if that's all you have though.
          Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

Comment

Originally posted by scooterdavis View Post
            I'd replace that batter as well. (Try a superkick I, or II, a GMAD, or EMAD I or II, or a Powerstroke 3) Protones are stock, low quality alternatives to the real deal. They'll work if that's all you have though.
            This.
            Emerald Fade / Black Hardware BRP - 24x18, 12x9, 16x16, 18x16
            Orange Satin Swirl EXR - 24x18, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16

Masterworks/Reference 14x6 - OCDP 13x7 - J.J. 13x6.5

TAMA RoadPro Tom Stand FOR SALE.. PM ME!

Comment

Working...
            X