No announcement yet.

Free Tom Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe he's been playing since he's 5? If this is the case, he probably is in Uni, with little money to buy a Ref
    Gamertag:STA JonyBoy
    Originally posted by cezegg
    yup, it snows once you hit the border, and we pay for things in pancakes, ride polar bears, and we're all lumberjacks and we're okay, sleep all night, work all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis View Post
      ha so maybe i was being a bit snobbery but I would figure after 20 years of drumming you would have your sights set on something a little higher than the visions, although not bad drums for the buck
      Dude, I have been playing drums for over 30 years and Pearl for 15 of those years. I own and love my 1990 Exports!
      Refs are awesome, no doubt, but we get what works for us.
      MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
      CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by PEARLSAB View Post
        Hello, fellow Pearl people.It's nice to speak your mind,don't you agree.So I don't appreciate getting s@#t on if I speak mine.A Visions kit is just as good as a Ref if you have the sense to tune it right and you have the right heads.I grew up knowing the value of a dollar,and I don't go for the marketing crap that is shoved down peoples throats if they are gullible enough to believe it.FOOLS.Then you wonder why people don't like Americans.Go figure.
        I disagree with the statement that Visions and Refs are equal..and You are just po'ed because we got William Shatner!

Last edited by pearlygates; 06-21-2009, 07:25 AM.
        MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
        CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by pearlygates View Post
          I disagree with the statement that Visions and Refs are equal...
          Agreed - if they were equal, then they would be at the same price point.
          Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

Comment

Originally posted by trickg View Post
            Agreed - if they were equal, then they would be at the same price point.
            I figure, if they were equal drums, I'd go with the Visions. Think of the names.

Vision: sounds powerful

Reference: doesn't a reference normally tell you somewhere else to go?
            sigpic

It's important to play the spaces. Silence can speak so loudly.
            Carter Beauford, modern drummer september 1997
            Originally posted by MisterMixelpix
            Yeah I gotta admit she managed to tune her cymbals pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by .:On The Rock:. View Post
              You're probably some moronic kid or somthin'.

what the hell is so wrong about a Vision kit anyways? Great wood great hardware and for a great price. Get real.
              Hi-five :P
              My kit:
              Pearl Vision VSX (Gun metal sparkle)
              5-1/2" x 14.5" SensiTone snare
              22" x 18" bass drum
              10" x 8" tom drum
              12" x 9" tom drum
              14" x 11" tom drum
              16-1/2'' x 17'' floor tom drum
              2 crashes, 2 rides, 1 splash
              sigpic
              "Popular taste is cyclical, not to say, fickle." -Neil Peart

Comment

Originally posted by trickg View Post
                Unfortunately, Pearl discontinued what I believed to be their true best bang for the buck going - the SMX/SBX Sessions, which are totally professional level maple/birch drums (respectively) with 2.3 mm triple flanged hoops and optimount mounting.
                I think Pearl realized that the Sessions were essentially Masters with a lower price tag and pulled the line in favor of the Visions because there is a larger gap in special little extras, if you will. And early Sessions were part Luuan where the later ones were full maple or birch.

Comment

Working...
                X