X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYR Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by ntime View Post
    Keep in mind that Portnoy's kit is Maple. Here are some heads that will give you a deeper sound, clear Evans EC2, clear & coated Aquarian Super 2's & Response 2's. The Super 2's are great sounding heads. I would try the coated Super 2 first, they sound great on Birch.
    Frank is spot on with Aquarian. Super II's, or my fave, Performance II's, although the latter are heavier. I use them on my FT's and use the Supe's on my mounted toms. The combo works great!

Leave a comment:

• JuanFGonza
    replied
    on my vbx i got PS4 they sound great id like to try EC2 on it i have EC2 on my vx kit and the sound great

im a big remo fan tho

Juan

Leave a comment:

• ntime
    replied
    Keep in mind that Portnoy's kit is Maple. Here are some heads that will give you a deeper sound, clear Evans EC2, clear & coated Aquarian Super 2's & Response 2's. The Super 2's are great sounding heads. I would try the coated Super 2 first, they sound great on Birch.

Leave a comment:

• YoungDrummer
    started a topic VBX Drum Head Ideas

VBX Drum Head Ideas

I'm planning on getting new heads for my VBX kit and I just wanted to get some tips. First, I was looking to use remo. Second, I wanted to know if I could somehow get a rich/fat sound out of my birch shells to make it sound like Mike Portnoys Siamese monster kit. Please help with any tips.
Working...
X