Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ntime
    replied
    ^^I failed to mention that I play this kit most of the time and it's set up right now. I play a 1 up, 2 down with 16" & 18" floor toms. The 8 ply bass drum and floor toms has ruined me. I'll have to get a Masterworks at some point and I'll guartantee you that the bass drum and floors will be 8 ply drums!!

Leave a comment:

• DarkNostril
    replied
    Originally posted by ntime View Post
    They do sound killer thats for sure. I bought my VLX just as a practice kit and I couldn't believe the sound of these drums.
    Thanks ntime!

I'm with you there. They're great for gigging, I'm not afraid of hurting them and as the recording shows I think they sound great! Not to mention I spent less than $1000 on them

Leave a comment:

• ntime
    replied
    Originally posted by FiliptheNickel View Post
    I noticed that too when I was uploading them. All three toms have the "Birch Ply Shell" badge on them. I'll have to make a note to check out the shell and bearing edge the next time I take a head off of it.
    They do sound killer thats for sure. I bought my VLX just as a practice kit and I couldn't believe the sound of these drums.

Leave a comment:

• JuanFGonza
    replied
    Kit looks sweet outside

Leave a comment:

• DarkNostril
    replied
    I just noticed that the badge on your bass drum says 'All Birch Shell'. The VSX is supposed to be the Birch/Basswood shell which has 'Birch Ply Shell' on the badge. Hmmm...
    I noticed that too when I was uploading them. All three toms have the "Birch Ply Shell" badge on them. I'll have to make a note to check out the shell and bearing edge the next time I take a head off of it.

Leave a comment:

• ntime
    replied
    I just noticed that the badge on your bass drum says 'All Birch Shell'. The VSX is supposed to be the Birch/Basswood shell which has 'Birch Ply Shell' on the badge. Hmmm...

Leave a comment:

• DarkNostril
    replied
    Originally posted by Akahito View Post
    That's one big snare reverb. Sounds good. Yeah, Vision drums don't sound mid-level at all, you couldn't guess by the clip that they are.
    Hehe I was glad it was there once the guitars got laid on top

Originally posted by SabbathBloodySabbath View Post
    Wow man! They sound massive! Great tight playing aswell. Have some rep dude.
    Thanks man! YouTube definitely toned down the intensity, but hearing them on the PA after we finished that take was incredible. The bass drum just slammed into your chest

And here's some long-awaited outdoor pictures of Black Sparkle for everybody. These are the three drums you can hear on the recording; 24x18, 13x10, & 16x16.

More outdoor shots are posted in my kit's main thread here:
    http://pearldrummersforum.com/showth...post1853246530
    Last edited by DarkNostril; 05-31-2009, 01:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SabbathBloodySabbath
    replied
    Wow man! They sound massive! Great tight playing aswell. Have some rep dude.

Leave a comment:

• Akahito
    replied
    That's one big snare reverb. Sounds good. Yeah, Vision drums don't sound mid-level at all, you couldn't guess by the clip that they are.

Leave a comment:

• DarkNostril
    replied
    The drums sounded very good as well as your playing.
    Haha thanks!

I think they sound amazing for what are supposed to be mid-range drums.

Leave a comment:

• JuanFGonza
    replied
    sounds good man

Juan

Leave a comment:

• ntime
    replied
    The drums sounded very good as well as your playing.

Leave a comment:

• DarkNostril
    started a topic The VSX under mics!

The VSX under mics!

Fresh off the board boys and girls (well, as of Tuesday it was, anyway).

My band recorded another demo the other day for our song "Plunge" and here are the naked drum tracks for your enjoyment so you hear how these drums sound under the mics...even if they aren't exactly the most high quality.

As with anything YouTube or on the Internet in general, it's probably best you use headphones or nice speakers, but in my opinion they sound great even on my MacBook's puny little noisemakers.

More info in the video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzsG0OJbLo
Working...
X