Vision VBX Ruby Fade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision VBX Ruby Fade

I just ordered a 5 pc. VBX kit on monday from a local drum shop where I live, I'm pretty excited, got the kit in ruby fade. It took a long time to decide between concord fade and ruby fade,

Specs of the kit are:
    8" x 10" tom
    9" x 12" tom
    16" x 16" floor
    18" x 22" kick
    5.5" x 14" Sensitone snare

I also got Zildjian ZHT performance pack, with 14" hats, 22" ride, 16" and 18" crashes. I also got the pearl P122TW double pedal just for now. I ended up paying 2250, that's including tax. Which I think is a pretty good deal.

I'm going to get some skins soon as I get them, and advice on what I should get?

Any other feedback about VBX series would be great.

For the heads, the tom batters are good for starters, play on them for a while to get a picture of what the drums do. I recommend swapping the resonant heads for, say, clear Ambassadors right away. For the bass drum, the trusty old Powerstroke 3 is unbeatable. You'll get a lot more out of the snare drum by upgrading the heads AND the snare wires. Pearl has the Ultrasound snare wires that work wonderfully, I can warmly recommend the Ultrasound C-model for the Sensitone, it's working great with mine.

Comment

Im still playing on my stock heads since January and they sound great. I don't hit heavy but the skins are in no way "bad" just make sure you get em tuned in right.

edit: i should mention I have a vmx tho
      VMX Army?? :D

Comment

so clear ambassador resonate, power stroke and change snare wires. if I was going to change my batter heads what do u guys reccomend for vbx, I'm playing heavier kinda stuff

thanks

Comment

The stock tom heads are great for just that. If you just need to change them, clear Pinstripes worked great with me. Not quite as ringy as Emps, fat and focused. Great for hard rock and heavy stuff. Try the Aquarian Performance II heads for this stuff, too. They're PHAT.

Oh yeah, and do change the snare heads as well. Since it's a steel shell snare, if you don't want it to ring forever, (which you might, since it sounds nice,) I have had great experiences with the Remo Vintage A head on the snare. It cuts the ring JUST enough, and it feels like an Ambassador on steroids. Easy to tune, punchy and focused, warm sound, works in tight tunings as well, really brings out the middle-range crack. For the resonant, any good snare resonant will do, I use Remo Diplomat on mine. It's sensitive as hell but a bit buzzy, so if you're not a fan of snare buzz like I am, get a bit heavier like Remo Ambassador snare side, Evans Hazy 300, etc.

Comment

I'm just going to get a feel for the kit first probably, see how I like the stock stuff.

How do any of you guys like the VBX kit, also how do you like the ruby fade finish.

and for $2250CAN (that's including tax) what do you guys think about the price?

Comment

Here's how much I like mine! The finish and sound are killer!!

I use the stock heads on the toms, a clear single ply EMAD on the bass drum and my Masters resonant. The stock reso. sounds good as does a black Evans EQ3 reso. on the bass drum.
              Attached Files
              Masterworks - Purple Sparkle Burst
              Masters MCX - Cranberry Fade
              DW Collector's Maple/Mahogany - Blue Glass

Masters Army

Comment

Just picked them up! I can't even explain how amazed I am!

The toms sounded AMAZING right out of the box, the bass I had to mess around with for 30 min or so, but after that it sounded great too. I still need to fix up my P122TW pedal because it feels kinda weird right now. I didn't mess around with it yet though. My ZHT cymbols sound pretty sick too.

Kinda crappy set up at the moment, I need to buy a tom stand and another cymbal stand.

Pictures will be up later!

Comment

Huzzah! Huzzah!

I will however recommend changing the snare head also.. I never played on a metal snare but I like the remo powerstroke 3 coated (with "clear" dot center) on both woods I had. Cheap and sounds great to me. The stock pearl snare head rang like a bell

edit: I too use a masters head by remo on the resonant bass front since it's already ported.
                  VMX Army?? :D

Comment

congrats man ur going to love that kit and its a sexy color ntime kit is killer to with that 18x16 on it

Juan
                    Pearl Reference Redline Kit Updated with Demon Drive Pedals
                    Pearl VBX Concord Fade Updated 9/09/09

THE WHITE PEARL DRUM KIT CLUB

Comment

^^Thanks Juan!!
                      Masterworks - Purple Sparkle Burst
                      Masters MCX - Cranberry Fade
                      DW Collector's Maple/Mahogany - Blue Glass

Masters Army

Comment

No Problem man that is really nice tho it was really hard not getting that one instead of the Concord Fade i need to get a 18x16 for my kit

Juan
                        Pearl Reference Redline Kit Updated with Demon Drive Pedals
                        Pearl VBX Concord Fade Updated 9/09/09

THE WHITE PEARL DRUM KIT CLUB

Comment

indegruv, fortunately my snare sounds great. I tightend the batter head quite a bit and left the resonate a bit looser than the batter and it sounds good, no ring. All the drums sound good, cymbals sound good. All I need help with is my Pearl P122TW double pedal, I messed around with it for about an hour and I couldn't find a good setting. So if anyone could help me with that it would be appreciated.

Right now, I only have 14" hats, 16" crash and 20" ride on stands. But I still have a 18" crash that came with my cymbal pack. They're all ZHT. So I just need a stand for that, then I'm probably going to get a tom stand to mount my toms to the side of my bass and get 18" floor. I'll get some pictures tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by JuanFGonza View Post
                            congrats man ur going to love that kit and its a sexy color ntime kit is killer to with that 18x16 on it

Juan
                            Thank you very much!

Comment

Sounds good man, I've got a Ruby Fade Vision its awesome, congratz with the kit!!!
                              Pearl Vision VBX Ruby Fade HERE!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X