My VSX arrived ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYR Fan
    pearly.., done? Hopefully in a good way?
    I guess as good as I can expect. Al is shipping out my parts..Should have them by my gig on Thursday the 23rd.
    I am still disappointed, but at the same time Thank Al for his quick response!
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
    CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by pearlygates
      I guess as good as I can expect. Al is shipping out my parts..Should have them by my gig on Thursday the 23rd.
      I am still disappointed, but at the same time Thank Al for his quick response!
      10/4; Al is top-notch for sure. Do you know any local players who could help you out with some gear to get you thru your audition?
      Proud to play: Session Custom Maple (Cran.Fade); Birch Masters (Gold Glass Glitter) the "gigger"; SABIAN HHX crashes, AAX Raw Bell Dry ride,B8 Pro China Splashes, AAX Fast hats) PEARL, GIBRALTAR hardware, Pearl Eliminator pedals. PEARL snare arsenal; V.Donati, M.Rose, 6.5 Masters Maple.

Comment

10/4; Al is top-notch for sure. Do you know any local players who could help you out with some gear to get you thru your audition?
        Well, I have my Mapex sitting in a studio but it would require a roadtrip to pick them up... that with working and all..I just don't have time for.
        MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

Pearl is the only company that has Al Percival!! He works miracles and knows Everything!!! I would never switch brands; though I've been playing Pearls for 21 years; far longer than I've been on the internet!!
          sigpicPEARL DRUMS
          MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
          My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

Comment

pearly.., not to down-play the whole incident..but.. a true blessing in disguise! You received a kit with the old-style lugs. Brass inserts and and the insulators. Those lugs are fantastic. I swapped my Sessions lugs on my SMX out completely with those. I also owned one of those original-run VSX kits, they are phenom-o-nal! Hang in there, you won't be sorry.
            Good eye, Frank! I didn't even notice that. I pieced my current VLX together and all of the drums had the brass inserts. They are very nice!!
            Masterworks - Purple Sparkle Burst
            Masters MCX - Cranberry Fade
            DW Collector's Maple/Mahogany - Blue Glass

Masters Army

Comment

Originally posted by ntime
              Good eye, Frank! I didn't even notice that. I pieced my current VLX together and all of the drums had the brass inserts. They are very nice!!
              Frank, and you my friend along with the other VLX owners are REALLY the lucky ones! Those kits are real gems. I would love to get my hands on a natural VLX but I would have to say the wife would have her hands around my throat!
              Proud to play: Session Custom Maple (Cran.Fade); Birch Masters (Gold Glass Glitter) the "gigger"; SABIAN HHX crashes, AAX Raw Bell Dry ride,B8 Pro China Splashes, AAX Fast hats) PEARL, GIBRALTAR hardware, Pearl Eliminator pedals. PEARL snare arsenal; V.Donati, M.Rose, 6.5 Masters Maple.

Comment

Pearly.., we also need to discuss phase II of your Vision ownership. THE UPGRADE! The hoops: batter side - S-Hoops, reso side - 2.3 (any brand is fine), Opti Mounts ( an absolute must!) Figure on $40 per drum or so for the hoops, $40 per Opti. Next, get your heads of choice, both batter and reso. I made these upgrades for both my Visions kits and and especially the VSX, was a fantastic gigging kit. The Visions drums are fantastic, I really miss mine as you can see, doing the upgrades makes them unique and really classy IMO. The only thing I didn't do was upgrade to SP-30 spurs on the BD. If you afford to do the upgrades I highly recommend it. Enjoy your drums bro!

Comment

Pearly.., we also need to discuss phase II of your Vision ownership. THE UPGRADE! The hoops: batter side - S-Hoops, reso side - 2.3 (any brand is fine), Opti Mounts ( an absolute must!) Figure on $40 per drum or so for the hoops, $40 per Opti. Next, get your heads of choice, both batter and reso. I made these upgrades for both my Visions kits and and especially the VSX, was a fantastic gigging kit. The Visions drums are fantastic, I really miss mine as you can see, doing the upgrades makes them unique and really classy IMO. The only thing I didn't do was upgrade to SP-30 spurs on the BD. If you afford to do the upgrades I highly recommend it. Enjoy your drums bro!
                  I hear ya! For heads...
                  I already have a set of Aquarian response 2 batters on the way and a FocusX snare batter. I bought an Attack thin skin 3 kick head awhile back and never used it..so when I get the claws and tension rods for the thing ..I'll be slappin' that puppy on and givin' it a whirl. As far as hoopage..yeah..I'm lookin at getting 2.5mm triflange for the toms and IF I keep the snare (SensiTone) it will get the same or possibly some diecasts.

Mounts..I am on the fence with the optis..I have heard some negative review of those as well. The ISS are gonna be outta here. I may just go for RIMS style mounts. They have always worked for me with no surprises.

If this kit turns out to be all you guys are saying it is, I am planning to expand with an 8" rack tom and 16" floor tom. So far I love what I SEE.
                  Only prolum there is, I have the first generation VSX with the brass recievers and iso gaskets on the lugs..and arent the lugs alittle different style on the newer Visions?
                  I guess I could live without the lug isos and brass recievers..

Time will tell with this kit. I am hoping for the best.
                  MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

The lugs are the same, only the gaskets are missing, but since you would be special-ordering the finish anyway, I'm sure Pearl could slap on some gaskets while they're at it. I know people here have ordered add-on drums to their 1st gen. VSX's and got them with no gaskets - a simple mention of the fact to Al and they were supplied some. The inserts aren't brass finish though, but it's a small thing - they work just the same.

Edit: Scratch that, Strata black isn't a special order finish, but anyway, I've seen the gasket thing happen before in multiple occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Akahito
                      The lugs are the same, only the gaskets are missing, but since you would be special-ordering the finish anyway, I'm sure Pearl could slap on some gaskets while they're at it. I know people here have ordered add-on drums to their 1st gen. VSX's and got them with no gaskets - a simple mention of the fact to Al and they were supplied some. The inserts aren't brass finish though, but it's a small thing - they work just the same.

Edit: Scratch that, Strata black isn't a special order finish, but anyway, I've seen the gasket thing happen before in multiple occasions.
                      I'm pretty sure that Pearl isn't offering the gaskets as aftermarket upgrades..So I am guessing that Pearl Nashville isn't just sitting on a ziplock freezer bag full of them. It doesn't matter a whole lot to me; if and when I order add ons, whether or not they have the iso gaskets. The shell layup and finish are the same...that, to me is what matters.
                      MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

Working...
                      X