Does pearl make....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does pearl make....?

so, as you may have guessed, i'm not very good at searching the internet for answers to my questions. lol but here is what i got:

i purchased a pearl vision kit (sst birch), and i've started adding drums to my current set. just today i bought a 10x8 mounted tom, and i'm wondering if there is a 18x16 floor tom made for my kit.

eventually here, i'll get some pics up in a separate thread of my kit so-far.

yes

SKB|Remo|KickPort|Pearl|Zildjian|Vater|LP
    Masterworks Snare, 8X14ff 20 ply!
    Masters Premium BRP
    VP Snare
    Zildjian

Comment

so any ideas on where i could find one?

Comment

local pearl dealer

Masters Premium BRP
        VP Snare
        Zildjian

Comment

i was told by my area Guitar Center store that they could no longer be ordered individually. meaning, i thought he said that the kit was discontinued.... maybe i misunderstood.

Comment

here under configuration and here page 11 say other wise

Masters Premium BRP
            VP Snare
            Zildjian

Comment

What Guitar Center meant to say was:
              "We're too high-strung to offer any Vision component drums to our customers despite their popularity and clear dominance over that shiny OCDP Newport kit over there, so you might as well give your business to one of our many online competitors."
              Pearl Masters Custom MCX - 24x18 | 22x18 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 18x16
              1970s Gretsch USA - 22x14 | 12x8 | 13x9 | 16x16
              1960s Rogers Holiday - 20x14 | 13x9 | 16x16

Comment

www.massmusic.net . Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by FiliptheNickel
                  What Guitar Center meant to say was:
                  "We're too high-strung to offer any Vision component drums to our customers despite their popularity and clear dominance over that shiny OCDP Newport kit over there, so you might as well give your business to one of our many online competitors."
                  Ha! Man, no offense to anyone affiliated with or patrons of GC,.. but that is so typical of that store! I won't buy a felt washer at my local GC!

Like akahita mentioned.. massmusic.net or drumsonsale.com
                  MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
                  CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by pearlygates
                    Ha! Man, no offense to anyone affiliated with or patrons of GC,.. but that is so typical of that store! I won't buy a felt washer at my local GC!

Like akahita mentioned.. massmusic.net or drumsonsale.com
                    HA! thanks for the info guys. trust me, i'm not hung up on going to GC, but i got a sick deal on my shell pack from them so it seemed like the most logical place to start looking. obviously, they couldn't provide.

i got the vision witht the natural finish, 5-piece (including a snare that i dont use) all for $300. and i went in that day to spend $1500 on a gretch kit. lol i just got lucky because the pearl kit had been sitting in the back on lay-a-way, and no one had picked it up.

Comment

I do 90% of my business at my local 5 Star drum shop and the other 10% goes to Guitar Center. I have never experienced the low quality customer service that I read about on some of the different drum forums. I have two GC locations I normally visit, one in Harrisburg and one in Lancaster, PA. Employees at both locations know me by name and I get treated with a lot of respect. Evidently the isn't the case in other regions, sorry to hear about this.

I'm always getting 10% and 15% coupons and with their price guarantee, sometimes their prices are hard to beat. This past weekend I bought a Pearl BC900 cymbal stand. Their price was $79.00, but I had an advertisement for the same stand at $69.00. I got it for $69.00 with a 10% discount of the $10.00 difference which brought it down to $68.00 and also had a 15% coupon. So with PA tax, I walked out of the store paying only $61.00 for the stand.

BTW, the store where I usually would have bought the stand, also has it priced at $79.00 before tax.

I'm not defending all GC stores, just the ones I shop.

Dennis

Comment

Mass music, end of story. I don't understand why guitar center wouldn't have vbxs... they haven't been discontinued i don't think.
                        Chut digga dut

Comment

Originally posted by timdrums08
                          Mass music, end of story. I don't understand why guitar center wouldn't have vbxs... they haven't been discontinued i don't think.
                          They don't carry Vision component drums is all. They'll sell you a kit but can't be bothered with any expansions apparently. I tried getting my bass drum from them and they literally laughed and said "we don't do that." Like I was stupid for thinking they would order a drum for me.
                          Pearl Masters Custom MCX - 24x18 | 22x18 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 18x16
                          1970s Gretsch USA - 22x14 | 12x8 | 13x9 | 16x16
                          1960s Rogers Holiday - 20x14 | 13x9 | 16x16

Comment

Originally posted by FiliptheNickel
                            They don't carry Vision component drums is all. They'll sell you a kit but can't be bothered with any expansions apparently. I tried getting my bass drum from them and they literally laughed and said "we don't do that." Like I was stupid for thinking they would order a drum for me.
                            yeah, same deal here. however, massmusic is gonna hook me up. so all is good.

Comment

Working...
                            X