2009 Pearl Vision VMX ordered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Pearl Vision VMX ordered

I posted on another thread that I ordered a 6 piece Mapex Saturn kit, but my music store told me that it was going to be 7-8 1/2 months for them to arrive, so I went back to the store and changed the order. I have now ordered my Visions, with a 70 day delivery, still long, but not as bad.

On order as listed

7x8 tt
    10x8 tt
    12x9 tt
    14x14 ft
    16x16 ft
    22x18 bd
    5.5x14 maple snare

In Terracotta # 266

I have ordered Superhoop II for all toms, and Optimounts for the 8, 10, and 12 inch toms. I have also have a complete 900 series hardware pack on order.

I knew it was going to be hard with the wait, but now that they are coming, I'm going out of my mind..... 00** 00**

Pictures will most definately be posted as soon as i get those home.

Dude that's gonna be sick. That's weird (the wait time). Your tom selection I must say is excellent. When I ordered mine it only took about a week, hmmmmmm. Maybe it's the specific sizes you have chosen to order.

But I really wanna see how that terrcotta finish looks . I was debating on that finish or the finish I ended up getting (glacier white)
    My Glacier White VMX

Page 2 has latest pictures

Comment

How you like your Visions????

Comment

Originally posted by 50thsession
        How you like your Visions????
        They are amazing bro. The shells are simply amazing man, I'm so glad I went with maple rather than birch. The warmth and tone you get from the shells is awesome.

Definitaly change the heads, I put g2 coated after playing with the stock heads after a bout a week, AMAZING difference.

Just hold on man they'll be here before you know it!!!
        My Glacier White VMX

Comment

Congrats, man!! Terracotta is a great color, I know you'll be pleasantly pleased! That is some serious order times though, it has to be your location or something. Anyway, good deal, can't wait to see them!
          "The Golden Empire"

My Musical Endeavors

The White Pearl Drum Kit Club:p;)

Comment

Cool! Definitely be sure to post pics, now that I think about it I haven't really seen a terracotta kit outside Pearl's generic pics. I always have liked that finish though...

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater106
              Cool! Definitely be sure to post pics, now that I think about it I haven't really seen a terracotta kit outside Pearl's generic pics. I always have liked that finish though...
              So true man... that's why I'm pretty excited to see the finish as well.

Pearls pictures of the finishes look fake :P
              My Glacier White VMX

Comment

congrats!I know how it feels..I just ordered my Catalina Maples two weeks ago,but because its the new 2009 finish (Ebony Lacquer) they wont be here until some time in April.

Comment

Awesome can't wait to see the Terracotta! But 70 days? As far as I know Pearl should have that kit in stock. Those sizes come in a pre-pack configuration except for the 8" tom. Is it because you are in Canada?

Also I know it's possible to mount the 8" tom on the Optimount but word on the street is that you have to bend it somehow to fit the 4 lugs rather than the 5 lugs found on the Masters kits. Let us know how that goes.

I played a VMX not too long ago. The shells on it are just as nice as the Masters kits, you won't be disaoppointed.
                  Current kit - Pearl VBX Ruby Fade Outdoors
                  All my previous kits - Here

Comment

Awesome! Dude! You will be amazed for the sound you get from VMX and the money you paid.But 70 days?? That's a bit long since it's a mass produced kit.
                    I got my packs about 2 weeks. O well, worth the wait, man. worth the wait
                    And the color. I'd like to see that as well since I've never seen it before.

Comment

Thankx all for the input.

I did not know about the fitting issues on the 8 inch tom with the omnimounts, this is the first I've heard of it. I haven't seen any other Vision kits with the Terracotta finish on the forum, or any where else for that matter. As soon as I can, I get pictures up.

Cheers

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Maybe Al might be able to elaberate on the 8 inch omnimount fitting issue??? Al is the an issue with fitting the omnimount on the Vision 8 inch tom?????

Comment

Originally posted by 50thsession
                            Maybe Al might be able to elaberate on the 8 inch omnimount fitting issue??? Al is the an issue with fitting the omnimount on the Vision 8 inch tom?????
                            There is.

Optimounts were designed for Pearl's hi-end kits (Session, Masters, & Reference), whose 8" toms feature 5 lugs as opposed to 4 (on Visions, Exports, & Forums).

To get them to fit on a 4-lug tom, you need to bend the mount's arms so that they can reach across the gap between the lugs.
                            Pearl Masters Custom MCX - 24x18 | 22x18 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 18x16
                            1970s Gretsch USA - 22x14 | 12x8 | 13x9 | 16x16
                            1960s Rogers Holiday - 20x14 | 13x9 | 16x16

Comment

Not trying to be a d!ck, but why'd you swap a Saturn for a Visions? It's like changing a BMW for a Toyota.
                              KayAun

Originally posted by EXHUMED
                              Good thing you guys are just America's hat.
                              Originally posted by space_jeff
                              incorrect, America is Canada's arse :D

Comment

Working...
                              X