No announcement yet.

Vision shell packs voids the warranty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision shell packs voids the warranty?

If Guitar Center sells me a Vision VX/VSX/VBX shell pack, is it true that doing so voids the original factory warranty on the drums themselves?
    Current kit - Pearl VBX Ruby Fade Outdoors
    All my previous kits - Here

Why would it? I can't see why it would, as you can order them separately in any configuration you will.

Comment

Who said that? Because I bought mine there. Told me there was a 3 year warranty.. but I THOUGHT I read somewhere it was Limited Lifetime Warranty.
      My Glacier White VMX

Page 2 has latest pictures

Comment

I'm not sure where you heard that, but as an authorized Pearl dealer, your warranty is not void when you buy Pearl products at Guitar Center.
        I own or have owned drums and cymbals made by every major manufacturer. My go-to kit is a DW Collectors series set.

Comment

There was some confusion with this in the last year or two. The question arose out of Guitar Center, Sam Ash and other retailers offering shell packs in say... ELX or VSX. Since Pearl has never offered shell packs in these series, they do not have an official SKU number and were thus not covered under warranty.

I think however with Pearl moving to the SST quality guarantee, your covered on the shells at the very least, if not the whole kit when you buy any kit new from an authorized dealer.

Perhaps AL can pop in a clarify
          Proud to be a Pearl Drums dealer once again!

sigpic

DC Portsmouth | Facebook | Twitter

Comment

thanks Andy....

Incidentally it was Reade that told me this today, but I did remember hearing this a few years back too.

I just want to make sure I'm covered before I commit to the purchase. Can't take any chances these days.....

Comment

It would want to be covered.

Warranties cover the product itself, not the package deal.

Comment

Pearl has excellent customer service and they would not leave a customer high and dry just because they bought only part of an item they sell. Any times I have had a problem with a Pearl product they have just sent me a replacement part...no questions asked or reciept needed.
                I own or have owned drums and cymbals made by every major manufacturer. My go-to kit is a DW Collectors series set.

Comment

I know Pearl stands behind their product. I had a very good experience with my USED remote Eliminator when the cable snapped. (Thanks again AL!)

But lets say the shell pack wasn't covered, and I skipped buying Guitar Centers extended warranty. Maybe GC would try to off-load one of their numerous open-box or scratch and dent kits (or a kit off the show floor) and then I'd really be screwed.

It says it's new, but who knows what tricks they might try to pull.

Comment

BUMP

any word on the warranty?

Comment

Bump again..

I just ordered a VSX shell pack....
                      MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
                      CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

i look at it like this...9 and a half chances out of ten, you won't need to use the warranty in the first place. these are strong, tough drums with extremely durable lugs and hardware. and, i'm sure that pearl backs anyone with a receipt or legit warranty info...so, i wouldn't sweat it.
                        i'd buy these drums with no warranty before i bought some of the other drums in vision's price range, with a warranty.
                        that all said, i'm sure they are covered, someway, somehow, somewhere.

Comment

My way of thinking about warranty...
                          Companies either offer warranty or they don't.
                          Warranty is usualy provided to the original end purchaser.
                          Pearl does offer warranty so you will have warranty, within the limits of Pearl' warranty policy.
                          I think it is entirely up to a reseller though as to if extended warranty will be sold.
                          I would find it quite odd that a particular product such as XYZ shellpack doesn't get warranty when everything else sold from the same company does!
                          My revamped Pearl DX kit (now with 8" tom)
                          My refurbished 72 NC Deluxe Pearl Kit
                          My early 80's G314LXDC Pearl Snare
                          Catalogue Corner Thread
                          Restoring and refinishing (vintage) drums
                          My Snare build

Comment

Working...
                          X