No announcement yet.

Invisioning a new vision (pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisioning a new vision (pun intended)

Hey everyone! I have a export that i have had for about 2 years and was wondering what is better about the new visions. If i was going to get one it would be the all ample but what type of mountiing equipment does it use and how about sound quality and hoops?

C.S.F Drummer
    Drum Budget 67dollars

Originally posted by Talon
    20. ...... buy packs of underwear before going on tour. As crazy as it sounds, it saved a lot of trouble when clothes would be lost and band members were fighting, and having extra underwear was quite helpfull..

i have one of the 'old' visions, with birch/basswood 6/8 combonation.

the new visions are 100% maple or birch, dependant on what series you get.
    what's better about them is the wood that they used, birch and or maple is a better quality wood. the mounting is the same as the exports, (i.s.s).
    the finishes on the new visions are AMAZING.
    the sound quality on my visions (keeping in mind they are still the 'old' ones) is really really good, they're really loud too....
    the hoops are the same hoops that they used on the export lines aswell, still pretty dern good. and the hardware that it comes with is amazing aswell, i'm surprised that pearl gives this stuff away for the price that they do. not complaining, as 'm glad they do. haha. but it's not like you could get it for 34 dollars

Comment

hey thanks man lots of help i think i might be getting one so all the info i can get is good
      Drum Budget 67dollars

Originally posted by Talon
      20. ...... buy packs of underwear before going on tour. As crazy as it sounds, it saved a lot of trouble when clothes would be lost and band members were fighting, and having extra underwear was quite helpfull..

Comment

The new Visions also come in the old birch+basswood hybrid shell in the VSX and VX lines. Albeit cheaper, they're a serious choice nonetheless - they sound different than the two others, not necessarily any worse.

Shall it be said that I have an Export ELX as my gig kit. I will be trading the kit in for Visions this year, as soon as the European shipment arrives. Why? They sound better. They ALSO come with better hardware - the 900 series might be new, and still have improvements to be made (like the spinning tube problem that was fixed with adding memory locks this year, GG there Pearl,) but they're still the most advanced stands in their price range. Gearless tilters, direct drive hi-hat stand that is by far the smoothest in its class, and a facelifted version of the good and reliable P-120P, now called P-900.

Comment

Working...
        X