What Should I Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should I Do?

After seeing the new pearl Vision I am seriously depressed. I don't know if i should sell my VLX and buy a VBX or just keep it. Give me some advice please.
    Press ALT+F4 on your keyboard at the same time for pics of my kit.

Proud Owner Of A Pearl VLX Ruby Fade 7 piece

I (mostly) play Zildjian Cymbals

I'd keep and save up for a ref with those sick bloody finishes!!!!!
    PEARL REFERENCE GRANITE SPARKLE

Comment

lol, i dont have nearly enough money for a reference.
      Press ALT+F4 on your keyboard at the same time for pics of my kit.

Proud Owner Of A Pearl VLX Ruby Fade 7 piece

I (mostly) play Zildjian Cymbals

Comment

Stick with it... no point upgrading to somehting a lil better than what you have.. might as well wait and make a bigger jump in the future to say masters etc...
        sigpic

Masters Mahogany Classic Limited Edition Snare
        My 1999 Export Select in Scarlet Mist (8 piece) [Outside Updated]
        Offical Photoshop Help/Tutorial Thead

Comment

I agree. Mine's not really "what should I do?", it's more "I hate my life"

Comment

i feel really bad for you guys, i dont want to rub it in but that would suck alot. just save up and in a few years get a masters.
            vater : pearl : meinl : evans

my youtube

pearl masters brp
            latest pics: p9
            white marine pearl
            20x18
            14x14
            12x8

WWW.ONE.ORG

Comment

I wouldn't feel too bad about it guys. What gets you so convinced the all-birch solution would be better for you, hm? The fact their list price is higher? I'm almost certain the birch/basswood hybrid shells your kits have will sound boomier and deeper because of the so-called-cheaper wood, AND you have them in the now discontinued lacquer version. They're VINTAGE man!

Comment

Originally posted by Akahito
                They're VINTAGE man!
                Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Akahito
                  They're VINTAGE man!
                  No.

Comment

Originally posted by elfmotat
                    After seeing the new pearl Vision I am seriously depressed. I don't know if i should sell my VLX and buy a VBX or just keep it. Give me some advice please.
                    Sell them to me for CHEAP then put that money towards an MCX.

Really tho, I'm sure yours sounds great! A nearly brand new kit...it should last you awhile. If you are happy with what you have, then envy wont be the downfall of your bank account.
                    My self-built bebop kit, natural finish.

I am trying to rid from my life all that I can do without, including drum gear.
                    I am selling:
                    Sabian 17" AA Metal-X Crash
                    Sabian 18" AA Heavy Ride
                    Sabian 14" B8Pro Medium Hihats
                    Zildjian 18" Oriental China Trash

Please PM if interested.

Comment

Keep your VLX's with pride.

IMHO the birch basswood combo sounds sensational. Just because the new Visions can be straight birch or straight maple doesn't mean they are necessarily going to sound better.

Since I first heard the Visions at NAMM last year I have been really impressed with the sound.

If and when you get the chance, have a listen to VLX, VBX and VMX side by side and let your own ears tell you whether your should be depressed or not. I own Masters and would not be unhappy with VLX.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 44Ronin
                        No.
                        No? Ah, darn. Almost got excited there.

Comment

Yeah, Im hell annoyed too! A month after I buy my Vision, I see these new, beautiful and amazing new Vision kits. I'm quite bummed
                          Don't Cross The Crooked Step

You like Thrash? Then check out my band:
                          Fragmenta
                          www.myspace.com/fragmentaband

Comment

I for one am happy with mine I knew what I was buying and the only thing that I would have gotten upset over is if the new ones would have had better hoops/optis for the same price point as the 07's that would have felt like we were ripped but we liked the dual wood sound so we bought them right.. If I were to do it now I would choose a different color the black sparkle with the graphics.....hmm do you think a 16 tom in that color would look good with the blue strata fusion set.

Comment

Working...
                            X