Superhoops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superhoops?

I posted this in a different thread, but the question never really got answered. Now that sessions are "dead," and the visions and ECX's have 1.6mm hoops, is Pearl abandoning superhoops? Are they still going to manufacture them, or are they discontinuing them? I couldn't imagine only having die casts or 1.6's. Also, if someone wished to buy 2.3mm hoops for a set of visions, would this person be able to buy from other hardware makers? Or is hoop mixing not good? Also, who makes good 2.3mm hoops?

i think they are all the same.

maybe try to buy here: http://www.buy-safe.net/1-800-NEW-DR...dware.htm&-new

Comment

Originally posted by coke light lemon
      i think they are all the same.

maybe try to buy here: http://www.buy-safe.net/1-800-NEW-DR...dware.htm&-new
      Thanks for the website. They have nice stuff!

Comment

Yeah thats where i got my 2.3mm hoops from. And the good thing is they have 14" hoops with 6 lugs which is what exports hold.
        MY DRUMS 2008

MY DRUMS 2007

MY DRUMS 2006

"Silence is our canvas and it's where you don't put stuff which is just as important, if not more, than where you put it" - Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Got_Milk
          I posted this in a different thread, but the question never really got answered. Now that sessions are "dead," and the visions and ECX's have 1.6mm hoops, is Pearl abandoning superhoops? Are they still going to manufacture them, or are they discontinuing them? I couldn't imagine only having die casts or 1.6's. Also, if someone wished to buy 2.3mm hoops for a set of visions, would this person be able to buy from other hardware makers? Or is hoop mixing not good? Also, who makes good 2.3mm hoops?
          They should still be available for masterworks and snare drums, so I don't think they're getting rid of them
          7-Piece Double Bass BRX!
          The critics are raving: "Pure hotness. One of the nicest kits on here."-Fran, "F*ckin Beautiful"-NevDRUM, "Amazing!!! HOLY SHINIKES!"-rushofblood2112, "Gorgeous kit and setup"-DeadSkinMask, "Beautiful!"-drmrman, "absolutely awesome!"-AL PERCIVAL

Comment

Originally posted by teej
            Yeah thats where i got my 2.3mm hoops from. And the good thing is they have 14" hoops with 6 lugs which is what exports hold.
            teej, do you know they deliver parts to germany?? its so hard to get hoops here.

Comment

Thanks for the website. Just making sure, those prices are for 1 hoop, right?

Comment

i heard mapex's weren't bad

Comment

coke light lemon, I'm sure they would deliver to Germany, i dont see why not. They delivered to Australia so they definitely deliver international.

I got a set of 10" 12" 14" 16" 2.3mm hoops both top and bottom plus shipping, $165 AUD. Shipping rate wasnt too bad actually. And $165 is a small price to pay for a well worth upgrade.
                  MY DRUMS 2008

MY DRUMS 2007

MY DRUMS 2006

"Silence is our canvas and it's where you don't put stuff which is just as important, if not more, than where you put it" - Keith Richards

Comment

Superhoops are not going away, at least this year (they are in the 2007 price list)
                    Proud to be a Pearl Drums dealer once again!

sigpic

DC Portsmouth | Facebook | Twitter

Comment

Even if superhoops dissappear, there are a number of suppliers that make 2.3mm hoops, and a number of places online that sell them. Worst case scenario, you wind up with an aftermarket part made by a different company. Nobody will ever tell the difference.
                      Official Recording Tip of the month for November:

Sometimes, things just need to go to 11.

Comment

Working...
                      X