• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jutt8 View Post
    Both fantastic kits!
    They are indeed. Have owned both
    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
    Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

Comment

• My Professional MLX made in Japan gloss black interiors.

I still can’t believe it. It cleaned up very well for a 34 year old kit. I bought locally for $500.00 + 2 sets of hard cases and a set of d drum triggers so now with new spurs & heads it’s around $700.00 total but it was well worth it.
      22x16 bass
      16x16 Floor Tom
      13 x10 Rack Tom
      12 x 9 Rack Tom
      14 x 6.5 Free Floater Snare
      Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 06-02-2021, 06:53 AM.
      Wiscaansin!

Comment

• More MLX Pics

Can’t wait to gig with this kit on Friday!
        Wiscaansin!

Comment

• Thx 3PK, I still can’t believe I found this kit 7 miles from my house on Craigslist. The gentleman’s Grandfather owned the drums and had passed away and wanted his grandson to have them. He used them for a few years but then started a family and had no time to use them. They were dirty and a few nicks but they really are showroom condition.
          I have owned s number of 2nd &3 generation free floater snares but the1st gen blows them away!
          !!
          I ordered a pair of Masters bass spurs and the extended snare wires which came yesterday and a set of 16 bass tension rods will be here by the weekend. I’m using this kit for a gig Friday and I hope the seller and his wife will attend.

I owned a 92 MLX in sheer blue but sold it about 7 years ago to a collector he had for sale recently but the timing wasn’t right to buy it back. One door closes and another opens! I’m so grateful to have a wife that supports my passion to play and own such incredible drums.
          Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 06-02-2021, 09:45 PM.
          Wiscaansin!

Comment

• Originally posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
            Thx 3PK, I still can’t believe I found this kit 7 miles from my house on Craigslist. The gentleman’s Grandfather owned the drums and had passed away and wanted his grandson to have them. He used them for a few years but then started a family and had no time to use them. They were dirty and a few nicks but they really are showroom condition.
            I have owned s number of 2nd &3 generation free floater snares but the1st gen blows them away!
            !!
            I ordered a pair of Masters bass spurs and the extended snare wires which came yesterday and a set of 16 bass tension rods will be here by the weekend. I’m using this kit for a gig Friday and I hope the seller and his wife will attend.

I owned a 92 MLX in sheer blue but sold it about 7 years ago to a collector he had for sale recently but the timing wasn’t right to buy it back. One door closes and another opens! I’m so grateful to have a wife that supports my passion to play and own such incredible drums.
            What a beauty
            Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
            Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
            Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
            Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
              Thx 3PK, I still can’t believe I found this kit 7 miles from my house on Craigslist. The gentleman’s Grandfather owned the drums and had passed away and wanted his grandson to have them. He used them for a few years but then started a family and had no time to use them. They were dirty and a few nicks but they really are showroom condition.
              !!

Fantastic story mate and great to know it's gone to a new home where it will be loved and cared for again, and get some use.
              It's also handy, given the history of what happens with the long lugs as they age, that it has coffin lugs IMHO.
              Enjoy it.

I remember your sheer blue kit well!
              My revamped Pearl DX kit (now with 8" tom)
              My refurbished 72 NC Deluxe Pearl Kit
              My early 80's G314LXDC Pearl Snare
              Catalogue Corner Thread
              Restoring and refinishing (vintage) drums
              My Snare build

Comment

• Professional MLX 1987 catalogue.

Thank you guys. It will be used tomorrow evening at a gig in honor of a fallen Drumbrother Jim .
                Wiscaansin!

Comment

• Gig at a area Winery on Saturday

MLX at our gig yesterday at Stable Rock Winery in Jefferson Wi.
                  Wiscaansin!

Comment

• Your new Masters MLX kit looks great Paul, and ready to rock!
                    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
                    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
                    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
                    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

Comment

• Thank you Kevin. I’m really enjoying this MLX & although the 92 MLX I had was great this one sounds even better .I really think the factory sprayed interiors have something to do with it. The only problem now is my MHX & MMP sitting idle. It’s okay though I don’t like bringing them out in high heat & humidity anyway.

Imagine a lot of drummers wouldn’t think that’s a problem at all. I’m now in 3 bands but 2 of them don’t want the bar scene and I have come to the point where I’m okay with that. Most of the time we are just background noise anyway.

Kevin if you can come I will be playing Aug13th & 14th at Waukesha Bluesfest at Nagawaukee park Delafield Wi 13th 2:30 to 3:30 with Fuzzknuckle Blues Band & The B Side on the 14th 2:30 to 3:30.
                      Wiscaansin!

Comment

• My first post.
                        Here is my some of my early 80s BLX.
                        Love these drums :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	D0956474-5B7C-493E-846D-8A9FE90EF8F4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	5218705

Comment

Working...