MLX & BLX Thread !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLX & BLX Thread !!

Can someone post pics of all the MLX & BLX finishes please? Thanks.

Sheer Blue...
    Attached Files
    Kits: CZX - SZX - MLX - BLX
    Snares: Pearl (8), Gretsch (2), Premier (2)
    Cymbals: Paiste
    Mics: Shure, Audio-Technica, AKG
    Sticks: Wincent

Comment

Sequoia Red
      Attached Files
      Rick B
      Metal from England! https://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMetalTribute
      Pearl Reference in Purple Craze| Remo Heads | Vic Firth/Zildjian/Vater Sticks (basically anything in a 3A)| Paiste Cymbals

Comment

BLX in natural from 1983/84 and MLX or BLX of same age in walnut finish:
        Attached Files
        Believe me, it is "BASSDRUM", not "BASEDRUM".
        Nils' Website DER TROMMELSTIMMER
        Main Kit

Comment

Sorry these are bad pics:
          My kit a few months ago: Sequioa Red w 24" BD
          Followed by the new configuration for my band (dropped the 8" tom)
          Attached Files
          BLX Sequoia Red: 24-16-14-12-10-8
          Session Studio Sequoia Red: 22, 14x6.5 snare
          14x6.5 Phosphor Bronze snare
          Zildjians: 21" Rock Ride, 18" A China Low, 16"-17"-18"-19" K Dark Thin Crashes, 13" K hats, 10" Armand Splash
          My Kit
          My Band: Couch Professor

Comment

Cherry or Wine red ?
            Attached Files
            Pearl MLX sequoia red (long lugs)
            Pearl "All maple shell" snare 14x6.5
            Ludwig Supraphonic "Chrome over brass" snare 14x6.5
            Yamaha brass snare 14x5.5
            Pearl free floating brass snare 14x6.5
            Sabian and Zildjian cymbals.

Comment

#110 Sequoia Red is nice finish

Comment

Re: Asteroid

After looking closely at your pics, I think you have a Sequioa Red kit there also. It was the only red color that featured the wood grain visibly. The old Cherry red was an opaque color, and I believe wine red was darker, more burgundy-ish. Nice kit! I do love that color red.
                BLX Sequoia Red: 24-16-14-12-10-8
                Session Studio Sequoia Red: 22, 14x6.5 snare
                14x6.5 Phosphor Bronze snare
                Zildjians: 21" Rock Ride, 18" A China Low, 16"-17"-18"-19" K Dark Thin Crashes, 13" K hats, 10" Armand Splash
                My Kit
                My Band: Couch Professor

Comment

#114 Liquid Amber (available on MLX only)
                  Attached Files
                  My Piano Black BLX

My Liquid Amber MLX

Building Project: All Birch 13x6.5 snare out of a 13x11 BLX-Tom - read the details here!

Comment

#300 Champagne Lacquer, over Birds Eye Maple (available only on CZX )

sigpic
                    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
                    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
                    PICSPICS 2
                    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
                    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

Comment

Originally posted by Thrush
                      #300 Champagne Lacquer, over Birds Eye Maple (available
                      No Trush - your finish doesn't count! It is not BLX or MLX...

(But of course it's one of the most exiting finishes from Pearl)

...only joking...
                      My Piano Black BLX

My Liquid Amber MLX

Building Project: All Birch 13x6.5 snare out of a 13x11 BLX-Tom - read the details here!

Comment

#114 Liquid Amber

Oliver, is that a 10, 12, 13, 14, 16 set-up with 22 inch kick? Looks great! I've only got the 13, 16, and 22 with a 10 inch MMX to round out the kit as a 5 piece. (Which I will redundantly post an old photo. New pics will happen soon.)
                        I'd love to have a 10,12,13 rack tom configuration with 16 and 18 inch floor toms even though it would be rare that I would play out on that many pieces. carring 5 pieces is all I have room for right now and all I care to set up and tear down.
                        Attached Files
                        "I want you to boogie my woogie 'til my face turns cherry red."
                        ~Rose Marie McCoy's song "Cherry Red"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF97EEaXsyc

Comment

Originally posted by Ron "The Sledge"
                          Oliver, is that a 10, 12, 13, 14, 16 set-up with 22 inch kick? Looks great! I've only got the 13, 16, and 22 with a 10 inch MMX to round out the kit as a 5 piece. (Which I will redundantly post an old photo. New pics will happen soon.)
                          Ron - no, it's a 8-10-12-14-16FT-22BD combo - I got it from ebay about a year ago and I love this kit (follow the MLX-link in my sig).

I'd love to find a MLX 18FT in Liquid Amber - there have been some MLXs around in #114 but it seems to be quite seldom that someone sells a single 18FT...

I have a video from TV where Dennis Chambers is playing a 10-12-13-14-16-18-22 MLX in #114 (together with the Brecker Brothers and Mike Stern) and if I don't stop viewing it again and again it will be worn out in some weeks... so inspiring to see him playin my (our) kit...
                          My Piano Black BLX

My Liquid Amber MLX

Comment

I already viewed the link. Loved the rest of the pics. What kind of heads are you using on the tom batters? I use clear G2's on top and clear G1's on the bottom. I'm considering EC2's for the batters or coated heads. I feel like the laquered interior adds a lot of top end to these shells. Do you agree?
                            "I want you to boogie my woogie 'til my face turns cherry red."
                            ~Rose Marie McCoy's song "Cherry Red"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF97EEaXsyc

Comment

Originally posted by Ron "The Sledge"
                              I already viewed the link. Loved the rest of the pics. What kind of heads are you using on the tom batters? I use clear G2's on top and clear G1's on the bottom. I'm considering EC2's for the batters or coated heads. I feel like the laquered interior adds a lot of top end to these shells. Do you agree?
                              these are RMV Original (coated single-ply) - compareable to (coated) G1s or Ambassadors. Have you listened to the clip with the toms? They sound so delicious...

I personally don't like all the 2-ply-heads on toms - sound to muffled for me, and I think with single-ply-heads you can really hear what quality (or not) your drums have - but that again is only me...

The laquer sure adds some top-end (more on the BLX, but that again might also be the birch) - they are projecting quite good in a live situation. Some drum-techs back in the early 90s said this laquer has to be sanded out of the drums to sound good - well, they sound good as they are and only a fool would do this to almost vintage drums (classics they are anyway).
                              My Piano Black BLX

My Liquid Amber MLX

Comment

Working...
                              X