check this baby out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bonzonerd
    They're in mint condition. He was asking 2000. That's a bit of a deal but I doubt you could make much profit.

If you want to make profit then you should buy some Ludwig shells in Bonham sizes and re wrap them in Green Sparkle. I saw a re wrapped Green Sparkle go for over 3 k a few days ago.
    really? huh.. maybe dipping into vintage drums is an idea russ!
    Sean

Johnbonhamism.

Comment

I would actually say that you could most definately make a profit on those. If all the hardware is original and the wrap is nice then I would say you could sell them for between 2 and 3 thousand USD.

You would have to make sure the hardware isn't scratched or pitting though. Rust however, can easily be removed.

If you guys have the money, I would suggest buying it. If it doesn't sell for over 2 k, then just re list it.

Remember, there is no such thing as fair market value because market value is what people are willing to pay. There are some die hard collectors out there who will pay top dollar.
      Updated pics of my SC Performer

Tama-Vic Firth-Evans-Zildjian

12/27

Comment

There are some die hard collectors out there who will pay top dollar.
        thats the key, you just gotta find 'em
        Sean

Johnbonhamism.

Comment

Originally posted by slybond
          thats the key, you just gotta find 'em
          Or they just gotta find you.

12/27

Comment

Or they just gotta find you.
            o jeez
            Sean

Johnbonhamism.

Comment

I would actually say that you could most definately make a profit on those. If all the hardware is original and the wrap is nice then I would say you could sell them for between 2 and 3 thousand USD.

You would have to make sure the hardware isn't scratched or pitting though. Rust however, can easily be removed.

If you guys have the money, I would suggest buying it. If it doesn't sell for over 2 k, then just re list it.

Remember, there is no such thing as fair market value because market value is what people are willing to pay. There are some die hard collectors out there who will pay top dollar.
              Thanks.I sell a ton of new gear on Ebay.I haven't tried the vintage gear - YET....Sly,Let's do some research first.This would be tough for me since on expensive stuff,I use my credit card.With 2 people involved, a $400 profit gets cut in half.It may not be worth it for me to lay out $2000 to take a chance.The DWs I'm picking up tonight is a no-brainer.I make big profits on flipping DWs.
              Check out my NEW site: www.drums-of-newyork.com

Comment

Originally posted by russb66
                Thanks.I sell a ton of new gear on Ebay.I haven't tried the vintage gear - YET....Sly,Let's do some research first.This would be tough for me since on expensive stuff,I use my credit card.With 2 people involved, a $400 profit gets cut in half.It may not be worth it for me to lay out $2000 to take a chance.The DWs I'm picking up tonight is a no-brainer.I make big profits on flipping DWs.
                ya true man, it would be a ton of work to turn out such a small profit. we should definatly start lookin into the vintage bizz though, i'll let you know if i see anythin worth checkin out. good luck on the dw's im sure they'll turn up somethin nice.
                Sean

Johnbonhamism.

Comment

One of the best ways to make profit is with Bonham and Ringo stuff. No matter what the condition, if you start bidding at $100 bucks or so, you will almost always get over 2K.

You have to remember that lots of people who buy Ringo/Bonham drums don't even play drums, but are just intense fans of those bands and have collections.

12/27

Comment

Also, if you are doing a Bonham kit you have to be incredibly patient to find good deals. 14x26 bass drums go between 500 and 1000 dollars and often you would just have to re wrap it anyway.

I have found a 26" Kick already in Green Sparkle. I can get it for 550 with hardware. That may seem like a lot but it's actually a really good deal.

12/27

Comment

Also, if you are doing a Bonham kit you have to be incredibly patient to find good deals. 14x26 bass drums go between 500 and 1000 dollars and often you would just have to re wrap it anyway.

I have found a 26" Kick already in Green Sparkle. I can get it for 550 with hardware. That may seem like a lot but it's actually a really good deal.
                      We actually have the Ringo kit[2005 model] at school.I love spending other people's money! It sounds great.

Comment

Ringo kits are worth a lot, however not many collectors are into reissues. Originality counts.

12/27

Comment

Originally posted by russb66
                          We actually have the Ringo kit[2005 model] at school.I love spending other people's money! It sounds great.
                          wow! those are some nice drums arent those things like 2K?

you say your getting dw's tonight, what finish!?
                          Pearl drums- DW pedals- Zildjian cymbals- Pearl hardware

"life is short but sweet for certain"

Christian Drummers Army

Comment

Originally posted by johnb13

They run for a little more then that. About 2500.

12/27

Comment

Originally posted by johnb13

We got the kit with hardware for $1990. I have a decent budget from my school,plus my Principal likes me! Here are the DWs:

Comment

Russ, you might want to look into bidding on this.
                                http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-60s-GRET...ayphotohosting
                                Tangerine Sparkle is pretty rare. If you could get that for under 2K, then that's a really good deal.
                                EDIT: The condition is good, but I'm sure with a good cleaning it would improve.

12/27

Comment

Working...
                                X