Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd Pearl Badge on Snare.... Fake or Real?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Odd Pearl Badge on Snare.... Fake or Real?

    Someone posted this on another forum, but we couldn't really get a good answer. Any one have any ideas? This comes off of a snare. Everything screams early 80s Export, but that registered mark being so big has us confused.

    These are the only pictures that were included.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	pearlic (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	5294746
    Click image for larger version

Name:	perlic2 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	5294747

  • #2
    Originally posted by BertTheDrummer View Post
    Someone posted this on another forum, but we couldn't really get a good answer. Any one have any ideas? This comes off of a snare. Everything screams early 80s Export, but that registered mark being so big has us confused.

    These are the only pictures that were included.
    It looks like it might be a sticker, but if it's fake, someone did a nice job of putting it there.
    2021 Masterworks / Matte Black Mist

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6.5x13 SD, 10x12 FSD

    2022 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / Bright Champagne Halo

    16x16 KD (verticle), 5x10 SD, 5x8 TT, 5x12 TT

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MusicMan View Post
      It looks like it might be a sticker, but if it's fake, someone did a nice job of putting it there.
      I believe it is a sticker, I was using "badge" as a catch all. The placement of it looks spot on and seems correct. Just that circle (r) thing just looks off, haven't seen one that large on a Pearl logo before.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BertTheDrummer View Post
        I believe it is a sticker, I was using "badge" as a catch all. The placement of it looks spot on and seems correct. Just that circle (r) thing just looks off, haven't seen one that large on a Pearl logo before.
        Perhaps it was something they did with cheap snare drums back then. There have been a lot of different Pearl badges over the years and some of the older ones don't match today's professional or artistic standards.

        MM
        2021 Masterworks / Matte Black Mist

        18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6.5x13 SD, 10x12 FSD

        2022 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / Bright Champagne Halo

        16x16 KD (verticle), 5x10 SD, 5x8 TT, 5x12 TT

        Comment


        • #5
          I've never seen a badge or strainer like that on a Pearl snare before. Might be an older student model? But based on the distance between the lugs it looks like it could have ten? Someone will know what's up...
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tasty808 View Post
            I've never seen a badge or strainer like that on a Pearl snare before. Might be an older student model? But based on the distance between the lugs it looks like it could have ten? Someone will know what's up...
            The original poster did say it was a 10 lug drum.

            Comment


            • #7
              it has what looks like the "Easy Action" strainer that was on early 80's Export Steel snares. But that sticker (lol) was not badge on Export steel snares in early 80's. Trademaerk R too big and actual sticker is too deep. If sticker was cut half inch or so shorter and R was 10 times smaller it could pass.

              And if it is a 10 lug then it's not Export. They had 8 on snare. Most likely it's a generic student steel snare with a cheaply done sticker/decal applied

              Comment

              Working...
              X