Questions about early 80s Export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about early 80s Export

I've had this kit for a while, and I'm convinced it is probably a 1982-3 Pearl Export set. However, recently I had a question. For any of you with a similar vintage set, mine has internal drum dampers on it, did the Exports come with that? Just wondering if these were stock or if someone added these later. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4xOR7C4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	5294694
    Click image for larger version

Name:	C3nJcJL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	5294695

post a picture of the inside of one of the shells somebody can confirm what they really are , The Bass drum spurs were different than the upper end Maple Shells, I will look I had 84' that did not have dampeners
    Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available
    session Custom Maple Toms 12x9 Tab Fade
    Session Custom Maple Tom 13x10

Comment

from what I can see and if the interior has acoustic coat sealer inside, then it is a 82 Export in silver flash .. and yes they had mufflers

Comment

Originally posted by BadAstronaut View Post
        from what I can see and if the interior has acoustic coat sealer inside, then it is a 82 Export in silver flash .. and yes they had mufflers
        Yes it does have the acoustic coat sealer. Okay so it was what I was thinking (82 export) I just didn't see the mufflers on the pictures or even mentioned in any of the 80s Export catalogs I saw so I wanted to double check. If I'm correct it is an 82 because it has the rotating spurs instead of the hideaway type, and it has an 10 lug bass instead of 8. That combined with the acoustic coat sealer, I think all those coming together only happened in 82 right?

Comment

Originally posted by BertTheDrummer View Post
          Yes it does have the acoustic coat sealer. Okay so it was what I was thinking (82 export) I just didn't see the mufflers on the pictures or even mentioned in any of the 80s Export catalogs I saw so I wanted to double check. If I'm correct it is an 82 because it has the rotating spurs instead of the hideaway type, and it has an 10 lug bass instead of 8. That combined with the acoustic coat sealer, I think all those coming together only happened in 82 right?
          and because silver flash was offered in 82 and not available again till 85 .. this kit has the early export badges .. the later 80's ones were dumbed down versions of this badge

Comment

Looks like Silver Flash although the bass drum hoops do not appear to be original.
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Originally posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
              Looks like Silver Flash although the bass drum hoops do not appear to be original.
              Yes, it came with those metal hoops like in the picture. I changed the metal bass drum hoops out for some wood ones. The original metal hoops were pretty gnarly when I got the kit.

Comment

Working...
              X