Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tama superstar aquamarine

Hi ,

I did a sample of this awsome vintage drumkit : 24 12 12 15 16 18 in standard sizes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypMT_xV5yV0

Best regards

Solid sounding drums! When I saw the resos, I was curious, but I liked the sound.

Comment

Hi

I used it in studio in 24 12 16 , the 12 tom is missing power a bit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1KxJgMOyI4

here the drumset was Aquamarine in 24 12 16, snare Ludwig COB , Paiste 602 24" Heavy , zildjian 13" quick beat, 18" Turkish Millenium crash.

Comment

had one of those early 80's concert tom kit back then......in natural stained livery. was an amazing kit projecting a LOT of volume...that was back when 24' bd's had all the love. stupidely sold it for crumbs to buy my first motorcycle ( CB 900F )

mine was exactly like this one

sigpicRUSH FOREVER RUSH
        tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
        sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

Comment

Being a Stewart Copeland fan, I really wanted a TAMA kit from that era. The problem is by the time I had the money, they moved on to the heavy metal looking Granstars and Artstars, so I bought a Premier Resonator instead.
          dalewmiller.com my kits: 1 2 3

GMS | Paiste|Evans|Kennedy Camden Auxiliary Percussion

Comment

Oh its picture time!

Comment

Originally posted by davuljul View Post
              Hi ,

I did a sample of this awsome vintage drumkit : 24 12 12 15 16 18 in standard sizes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypMT_xV5yV0

Best regards
              Drums sound pretty good even with those heavy reso's. The bass could use some help. Maybe you are keeping it quite for your environment.

Comment

Nice sounding drums. I had midnight blue Imperialstars back in the early 80's (Stewart Copeland sizes). That kit served me well for many years. I sold it in the 90's due to space restrictions. The buyer was really happy with the drums. A couple years ago, I got some black Imperialstars from the late 70's/early 80's, and cleaned them up. They sounded great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	imperialstar9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	5211577

Comment

good video, interesting there are pinstripe heads on the reso side...wonder if the drums would differ in sound if those were on the batter side?
                  My wife says I am no longer permitted to buy any more drums...I said okay you cant buy any more shoes...we are presently at an impasse! I see drums...she sees shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by rollracer View Post
                    had one of those early 80's concert tom kit back then......in natural stained livery. was an amazing kit projecting a LOT of volume...that was back when 24' bd's had all the love. stupidely sold it for crumbs to buy my first motorcycle ( CB 900F )

mine was exactly like this one

i had the fibereglass version ,,,a tama fiberstar wrapped in a platina wrap ..platina was like smoky chrome except lighter with like, a gold tint ...it was hard to describe ..lol the sizes were 13, 14, 15, and 16 , an 18 floor tom , and 24 inch bass looking very similar in size to that brown superstar
                    always wanted to get the 20 inch floor tom and another bass but they were extinct by then

Comment

Working...
                    X