6" rack tom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6" rack tom

to the best of everyone knowledge did Pearl ever offer a 6" diameter by 8" deep rack tom in any of their series of drums?
    My wife says I am no longer permitted to buy any more drums...I said okay you cant buy any more shoes...we are presently at an impasse! I see drums...she sees shoes!

I owned a 6 x 6 Masterworks, they will make one 8” deep for you if you want it

Comment

pearl 's concert percussion has a 6x8 concert tom in either single, or double headed config

http://pearldrum.com/products/concer...configurations

Comment

Originally posted by oldbatterhead View Post
        to the best of everyone knowledge did Pearl ever offer a 6" diameter by 8" deep rack tom in any of their series of drums?
        Not that wasn't custom. I had a 6x7 Reference tom made.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
        8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
        Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

Ok, tin tacks.
          There was never ever a 6" DLX tom.
          But from around the same period:
          The only drum listed in the 1986 price list as available (and that's with GLX/MLX/MX/DLX/DX/EX series ) in the size you wanted, was an MX 8 x 6".
          Was it ever made?
          NFI, but highly unlikely.. The existence of a 5 1/2 x 6 would be higher me thinks, also in the MX series.
          If you find a 8 x 6" tom you can verify came from the 80's, pay whatever it takes to get it.
          It will be rarer than rocking horse doo doo..

If you really want one, get one made....
          My revamped Pearl DX kit (now with 8" tom)
          My refurbished 72 NC Deluxe Pearl Kit
          My early 80's G314LXDC Pearl Snare
          Catalogue Corner Thread
          Restoring and refinishing (vintage) drums
          My Snare build

Comment

Originally posted by 3pearlkits View Post
            It will be rarer than rocking horse doo doo..
            Oh boy .. 3pk .. that just made my morning

Comment

I have a 6" Tom. It's a 1980's pearl maple 6 ply shell. 6x8.. First rack Tom.
              Attached Files
              [SIGPIC]

Comment

i have heard of pearl doing a special order 6 in the past ...forum member the mailman comes to mind

..also, that tom tom the in the concert tom link in my previous post, is a 6, ..8 inch depth ..6 ply maple

Comment

Originally posted by oldbatterhead View Post
                  Currently, only in their "Symphonic Series" concert toms, in single or double headed configurations. Here is a link.

http://pearldrum.com/products/concer...oms/symphonic/

The actual model number of the 6x8 double-headed tom is PTM-0608D.

They only come in #201 Matte Walnut Lacquer finish, which is gorgeous. If you're really into the idea of a 6" rack tom, I wouldn't hesitate to get a whole kit made in #201.

Comment

Hi,

The 6" concert tom (with lacquer finish) is probably a special order item (6 month wait) so you might want to consider just doing one through Masterworks and getting whatever finish you like.

MM
                    2021 Masterworks / Matte Black Mist

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6.5x13 SD, 10x12 FSD

2022 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / Bright Champagne Halo

16x16 KD (verticle), 5x10 SD, 5x8 TT, 5x12 TT

Comment

okay I scrapped the idea of looking for a 6" tom, instead I am going to make a set of rocket toms out of 6" aluminum tubing. got a local supply of 60/61 aluminum that will work great and have a couple of old drums hanging around I can steal the lugs off of...just need to figure out the mounting system.
                      My wife says I am no longer permitted to buy any more drums...I said okay you cant buy any more shoes...we are presently at an impasse! I see drums...she sees shoes!

Comment

Working...
                      X