Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: Pearl MLX shell hardware parts. Purchased in 1990.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Pearl MLX shell hardware parts. Purchased in 1990.

Looking for shell hardware for Pearl MLX kit. My one piece lugs are breaking off where screw threads. 12" tom and 16" floor tom so far. Hope no more break. Common on older kits I am finding. First Pro kit so a little attached and would like to keep playable. Possible to find parts or parts kit? Worth a shot.
    Attached Files

Better than old stuff, from what I understand, these guys do new:

http://www.oldhamdrumstudios.com/pea...czx/4548144316

Per unit they aren't cheap....
    My revamped Pearl DX kit (now with 8" tom)
    My refurbished 72 NC Deluxe Pearl Kit
    My early 80's G314LXDC Pearl Snare
    Catalogue Corner Thread
    Restoring and refinishing (vintage) drums
    My Snare build

Comment

I've heard this is a common problem with those lugs. Have you considered simply replacing the long lugs with short ones?

Comment

How big is your kit (pieces and sizes)?
        Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

Comment

Here ya go (not mine): https://losangeles.craigslist.org/an...065872086.html
          Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

Comment

Originally posted by Drummasta68 View Post
            Looking for shell hardware for Pearl MLX kit. My one piece lugs are breaking off where screw threads. 12" tom and 16" floor tom so far. Hope no more break. Common on older kits I am finding. First Pro kit so a little attached and would like to keep playable. Possible to find parts or parts kit? Worth a shot.
            Jump on it while you can
            Originally posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post

Comment

Kit includes 22x16 kick, 16x16 Floor tom, 10x 10 tom, 12x10 tom, 14x6.5 brass free float snare. Originally the kit came with two kick drums, a 18x16 floor tom, and a 13x11 tom also. They were sold as a kit many years ago as I did not use as often.
              Regret that.

Comment

I did. Would like to find orig. one piece if possible but am considering that option. Then I would have to do all. I only have two per drum that have failed and only on 12" tom and 16" floor tom. Cross my fingers no more.

Comment

I checked out the oldhamdrumstudios and that is an option. Thanks for sending the info. my way!

Comment

Working...
                  X