Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[WANTED] Pearl Session Series

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [WANTED] Pearl Session Series

    Hi everyone!

    I own this wonderful kit (check my signature) which I have upgraded through the years... 8" and 13" were added to the original 1996 kit...
    The thing is the 8" is in a different color finish, the whole kit being in Wine Red...
    So I've been looking for a Emerald Green kit for a while as my goal is to build a double bass kit mixing both colors...
    Pieces I'm looking for (wine red or emerald green ONLY):
    - 8" tom (green)
    - 18" floor tom (either red or green)
    - 22" bass (green)

    any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks!

    K

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0422.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	5292375
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0417.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	5292376
    Pearl Session Series (wine red)

    snare: 14"x5,5"
    toms: 8"x8" 10"x10" 12"x10" 13"x11"
    floor toms: 14"x12" 16"x14" 18"x16"
    bass: 22"x16"

    Zildjian

  • #2
    There's are a few PDFers who can be found in the vintage section that have had drums refinished and have had amazing results.

    I'll wait for them to chime in to show you the results, or point you to appropriate threads, but it does allow you to consider the option of getting what you want size wise in any colour, and then having it refinished.

    That might get you to your end goal faster.

    Best of luck!
    My revamped Pearl DX kit (now with 8" tom)
    My refurbished 72 NC Deluxe Pearl Kit
    My early 80's G314LXDC Pearl Snare
    Catalogue Corner Thread
    Restoring and refinishing (vintage) drums
    My Snare build

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 3pearlkits View Post
      There's are a few PDFers who can be found in the vintage section that have had drums refinished and have had amazing results.

      I'll wait for them to chime in to show you the results, or point you to appropriate threads, but it does allow you to consider the option of getting what you want size wise in any colour, and then having it refinished.

      That might get you to your end goal faster.

      Best of luck!

      Thanks! The thing is I live in Brazil and the good professionals are faaar awaaaay...
      Pearl Session Series (wine red)

      snare: 14"x5,5"
      toms: 8"x8" 10"x10" 12"x10" 13"x11"
      floor toms: 14"x12" 16"x14" 18"x16"
      bass: 22"x16"

      Zildjian

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kiko View Post
        Thanks! The thing is I live in Brazil and the good professionals are faaar awaaaay...
        Guess what, it doesn't have to be people who are professionals at drum finishing!

        You can do all the stripping of the old finish.
        Then you can find say a car or auto panel repairer. They mix and apply colour via spray painting to something every day. They are professional refinishers.
        Or furniture restorers.
        Handy woodworkers even.

        It is doable...
        My revamped Pearl DX kit (now with 8" tom)
        My refurbished 72 NC Deluxe Pearl Kit
        My early 80's G314LXDC Pearl Snare
        Catalogue Corner Thread
        Restoring and refinishing (vintage) drums
        My Snare build

        Comment


        • #5
          That is a beautiful kit in wine red! No offense but the photos really don't capture the beauty of that finish. You've got real classy looking drums there.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have 8" tom in White if you are interested...willing to let it go for $100.00 US dollars plus shipping! comes with Tuxedo bag and rim mount
            My wife says I am no longer permitted to buy any more drums...I said okay you cant buy any more shoes...we are presently at an impasse! I see drums...she sees shoes!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by oldbatterhead View Post
              I have 8" tom in White if you are interested...willing to let it go for $100.00 US dollars plus shipping! comes with Tuxedo bag and rim mount
              hey, there! thank you for your offer, but I already got an 8" and would only buy another one if it matched my kit's finish...
              good news is I just got a 18" in Austria and will have it delivered here soon... =)

              best regards,

              K
              Pearl Session Series (wine red)

              snare: 14"x5,5"
              toms: 8"x8" 10"x10" 12"x10" 13"x11"
              floor toms: 14"x12" 16"x14" 18"x16"
              bass: 22"x16"

              Zildjian

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ron Gerber View Post
                That is a beautiful kit in wine red! No offense but the photos really don't capture the beauty of that finish. You've got real classy looking drums there.
                that's true, pictures did not catch their beauty!


                thanks for the tip!

                K
                Pearl Session Series (wine red)

                snare: 14"x5,5"
                toms: 8"x8" 10"x10" 12"x10" 13"x11"
                floor toms: 14"x12" 16"x14" 18"x16"
                bass: 22"x16"

                Zildjian

                Comment


                • #9
                  So there's hope for me yet finding an 18" SBX??!!
                  Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X