Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ubiquitious, Please I.D. This Set Thread! : )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gyorpb View Post
    Definitely. They are excellent drums in their price segment.Heads and tuning will take care of most everything, you may even want to Sonsider ISS or OptiMounts and suspension floor tom legs, if you are looking to spend money and consider that sort of thing important to your sound.

In fact, since that kit needs some TLC anyway, why not nip down to the local carpenter's store and pick up some exotic veneer? I'd bet if you wrap that kit in some fance wood and clear lacquer it nicely, you could trick most people (barring the drum nerds here that can spot an Export by year just by looking at lugs, spurs and brackets) into believing it's a high-end custom kit. And they'd probably swear up and down that it sounds its purported high price's worth, too.
    I actually detuned all the toms last night after watching Rob "Beatdown" Brown's video on "flat tuning" on youtube, it's the most basic simplest approach and I'll be damned if they don't sound much better to me than they did before, still have a little boom to them but they are much more responsive now and have faster attack which I like. You basically hand tighten all the lugs, then press your hand in the center of the head and go around and tighten the lugs until the skin is just flat in front of the lugs, do this on beater and resonant and then you are done. It works! LOL

Comment

Fixed...
      sigpic
      PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
      22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
      PICSPICS 2
      “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
      Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

Comment

No i wanted to use Bing lol.
        VBX Concord Fade 7 Piece
        Kick Sub Mod
        How to: Split your double (P2002) Eliminator into singles (P2000)

sigpic

dFd Black Chrome 2.3mm hoops for sale, single 6", 8, 10, 12, 14(8 hole), 16, 18 (pairs)

Comment

Here you go then - http://tinyurl.com/y8lr4c9
          sigpic
          PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
          22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
          PICSPICS 2
          “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
          Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

Comment

Haha, I get it I get it.........the funny thing is most topics on most subjects have been discussed on the intraweb in one form or another so you could drop those funnies on most threads if you wanted to..........

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyfourthwhat? View Post
              I actually detuned all the toms last night after watching Rob "Beatdown" Brown's video on "flat tuning" on youtube, it's the most basic simplest approach and I'll be damned if they don't sound much better to me than they did before, still have a little boom to them but they are much more responsive now and have faster attack which I like. You basically hand tighten all the lugs, then press your hand in the center of the head and go around and tighten the lugs until the skin is just flat in front of the lugs, do this on beater and resonant and then you are done. It works! LOL
              That is no surprise at all!
              The best, IMO, tuning for pinstripes is tighten the head to JAW or just above wrinkle, ie, when you're done, there is no wrinkles. A couple of tweaks to make batter and reso the same pitch, and you're good...
              My revamped Pearl DX kit (now with 8" tom)
              My refurbished 72 NC Deluxe Pearl Kit
              My early 80's G314LXDC Pearl Snare
              Catalogue Corner Thread
              Restoring and refinishing (vintage) drums
              My Snare build

Comment

Working...
              X