MLX kit in need of a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLX kit in need of a home

If I lived in TN, my wife would be unhappy with me for buying another drum kit Someone here needs this, I'm sure of it!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/4169874960.html
    "It doesn't matter if it is good, it only matters if it rocks." -- Tenacious D.

The DLX
    The MLX
    Gretsch Broadkaster

sigpic

Originally posted by marknu1 View Post
    If I lived in TN, my wife would be unhappy with me for buying another drum kit Someone here needs this, I'm sure of it!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/4169874960.html
    Beautiful kit for a nice price!
    I own or have owned drums and cymbals made by every major manufacturer. My go-to kit is a DW Collectors series set.

Comment

If it is in as good shape as it looks that's a great deal. Back in the day the MLX was everyone's dream kit.
      Pearl WX: 8x5.5/10x6.5/10x8/12x10/13x11/14x12/16x16/18x16/22x16/22x16 Piano Black
      Pearl MCX: 8x7/10x8/12x9/13x10/14x14/16x16/22x18 Quilted Bubinga Sunburst
      Pearl MPL: 8x7/10x8/12x9/13x10/14x14/16x16/22x18 Ultra Blue Fade
      6 pc Mapex Saturn SE Birch/Walnut in Ocean Wave Fade for SALE- PM Me

Comment

Hmmmm. I thought by '87 all the MX/MLX had one-piece lugs and were coming from Taiwan? Maybe this one predates '88? Or retrofitted coffin lugs and badges?
        It is a beauty. Did anyone catch the 10 piece (8-15 up/2 down/dbl kick) recently on ebay? That's a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by melvinspeed View Post
          Did anyone catch the 10 piece (8-15 up/2 down/dbl kick) recently on ebay? That's a steal.
          You mean the one listed for 7 grand? That's a deal????
          My wife says I am no longer permitted to buy any more drums...I said okay you cant buy any more shoes...we are presently at an impasse! I see drums...she sees shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by melvinspeed View Post
            Hmmmm. I thought by '87 all the MX/MLX had one-piece lugs and were coming from Taiwan? Maybe this one predates '88? Or retrofitted coffin lugs and badges?
            ad is wrong about year .. This MLX was made in japan starting in late 83-84 .. early-mid 80's DX,DLX,MX,MLX,GLX all had coffin lugs and same style badges

Comment

Originally posted by oldbatterhead View Post
              Ha ha! Some people are SO out of touch. I'm not sure that even new that kit would've cost $7000. And as much as we love Pearl drums around here, the old ones are just not quite _that_ high in demand.
              "It doesn't matter if it is good, it only matters if it rocks." -- Tenacious D.

The DLX
              The MLX
              Gretsch Broadkaster

sigpic

Comment

I like sizes .. looks to be in tip top condition .. I might just call/text and inquire about possible shipping and best offer

Comment

Too bad I'm not in Tennessee.
                  sigpic
                  Tama Starclassic Select Walnut Kit
                  Tama Artstar II Kit
                  Tama Granstar Custom Kit
                  Kit #4 Tama Artstar II's over 20" Granstars
                  Premier HR9 Project

Comment

Originally posted by oldbatterhead View Post
                    Originally posted by marknu1 View Post
                    Ha ha! Some people are SO out of touch. I'm not sure that even new that kit would've cost $7000. And as much as we love Pearl drums around here, the old ones are just not quite _that_ high in demand.

Not in my book.

A couple of weeks ago there was a black MLX with high tension lugs in the configuration I described for $1200.

Comment

Mark,
                      The kit you listed looks to be in great nick, and that 24" kick looks the bomb.

I know you'd love it, but good on you for thinking of others
                      My revamped Pearl DX kit (now with 8" tom)
                      My refurbished 72 NC Deluxe Pearl Kit
                      My early 80's G314LXDC Pearl Snare
                      Catalogue Corner Thread
                      Restoring and refinishing (vintage) drums
                      My Snare build

Comment

Those sizes are great. I'd do 14" as the main rack and have the 10/12 descending.
                        Ludwig WMP Concert Toms: 6/8/10/12/13/14/15/16/18/20/24, 15" custom snare. Zildjian.

Comment

Working...
                        X