No announcement yet.

my first vintage score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news mate, i've found the pedal. Turns out I didn't throw it out, after all.
    I kept it, just because of how weird it is
    I appreciate what you're trying to restore your old kit to factory condition, and would love to help any way I can - hell, if you'd be willing to pay the shipping charges I could gift this pedal to you, as i have no use for it
    well, here goes the pictures
    here's the bottom of the footboard as you've asked (sorry for the quality, I only have my phone)4Click image for larger version

Name:	20160608_195901[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	5199510
    A leather strap attaches to it, and by turning the knob you can adjust the foot board height.
    here's a close up picture
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160608_195911[1].jpg
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	5199511

Name:	20160608_195922[1].jpg
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	5199512
    more to come on the next post
    Under the sign of D-beat

Un-ban nik12!

Comment

Here's the cams from the side
      the cam is made from forged aluminum, and the beater screws directly into it. I don't have the beater, but since the thread is standard it shouldn't be hard to make one yourself. Right now I have a black bolt in place to mark the spot where the beater goes.

the cam attaches to the posts by a pair big slotted screws, one on each side, they have pointy tips and connect directly to the cam, the are no bearings inside.
      Given that, it's pretty difficult to attach the cam properly - if the screws are too tight - the cam won't move freely, if they're too loose the cam wobbles about like crazy.
      the adjustment of these screws is locked in place by smaller screws on top of the post assembly.

more on next post
      Under the sign of D-beat

Un-ban nik12!

Comment

here's how the leather strap works in this pedal, sorry for the idiotic drawing, but it's easier to show than explain.

Name:	20160608_200254[1].jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	5199514
        so the leather strap (red) attaches to the assembly under the footboard, goes over the copper cam and under the main cam, where it attaches to a slot at the front and is secured via another screw.
        Now, my pedal is missing a couple of things - first, the hoop clamp is missing. There is a knob for it, but the clamp is gone.
        second - the strap, but it's easy to make yourself from some old belt or whatever.
        third - the beater, but again, easy to make one yourself, and from what i've seen in your pictures you've already have it.
        and the most important - SPRINGS. This pedal has internal, non adjustable, expanding springs in the main cam, who are missing.
        I've tried to make them, but clearly, i've had to use a much stiffer metal, as they simply did not hold the right tension.
        If you have access to someone who could make these springs for you, then you're fine, otherwise i wouldn't bother with this pedal, as without them it's simply and decorative oddity
        Under the sign of D-beat

Un-ban nik12!

Comment

Originally posted by beermaniac View Post
          Good news mate, i've found the pedal. Turns out I didn't throw it out, after all.
          I kept it, just because of how weird it is
          I appreciate what you're trying to restore your old kit to factory condition, and would love to help any way I can - hell, if you'd be willing to pay the shipping charges I could gift this pedal to you, as i have no use for it
          well, here goes the pictures
          here's the bottom of the footboard as you've asked (sorry for the quality, I only have my phone)4[ATTACH=CONFIG]494692[/ATTACH]
          A leather strap attaches to it, and by turning the knob you can adjust the foot board height.
          here's a close up picture
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]494693[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]494694[/ATTACH]
          more to come on the next post

Good evening beermaniac ! I am very glad to your message and fotografiyam.Ya ready to pay all shipping charges for sending pedali.Pi****e me in a private message far and how much oplatit.Uzhe dream not only one of the two pedal to collect, but later restored, and a second that would not only growing generation We listened to, but also saw what instruments to perform music in 50-70 years.I was playing in a youth on a pedal because in 1985 purchased a drum kit Trowa.Ona even served with me in the army.Pedal rather slowly responds to the pressure of the foot due to the fact that the shaft rotates kalatushkoy cones rather than podshipnikah.Na intermediate shaft, through which mixes leather strap is also no podshipnikov.Na my pedal survived a return spring, but will be ordered to the ore repair plant a couple of springs.
          Attached Files

Comment

sure thing, let me do some research and i'll get back to you
            Under the sign of D-beat

Un-ban nik12!

Comment

up

Comment

Hello ! It's already been a long time. If you can send me a pedal, then tell me in a personal message where and how much you need to transfer money for transportation costs for its shipment?

Comment

Good day! I am writing again about the pedal. Write in a personal mobile number. You will be contacted by a friend of mine who will be able to come at the pedal.

Comment

Working...
                  X