Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session Custom Search

Hello, Pearl nation!

I have a maple Session Custom kit in Marine Blue Fade. I have toms in 8'', 10'', 12'' and 14", but I'm desperately trying to find a 16x14 mounted tom to complete my set. To me, it's my Holy Grail! I know that I can have one custom made through Masterworks but that could take up to 6 months! Anyone out there know where I can get one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	marine blue fade kit 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	5280918

Welcome to the PDF!
    The only reason I would think that someone would sell one is they wanted a 14" tom instead of the 16 they have.
    I don't know where you are, so, the usual suspects to source such drums are e-bay and craigslist.

Chances are, if you order one, another will pop up for sale!
    But rather than not finding one, maybe ordering it is the way to go...
    My revamped Pearl DX kit (now with 8" tom)
    My refurbished 72 NC Deluxe Pearl Kit
    My early 80's G314LXDC Pearl Snare
    Catalogue Corner Thread
    Restoring and refinishing (vintage) drums
    My Snare build

Comment

Good Advice

It looks like the only way to get one is to go straight through Pearl.

Comment

You can ask your dealer or Pearl if they will make you one that is in fact a session series and NOT masterworks. I bet they would do it. They still do special orders like that on other series kits that are older models.
        sigpic
        Pearl Masters Premium BRP UPDATED
        Masters Studio MBX Make Over-Emerald Mist
        The Masters Army

Comment

Welcome to the PDF!!!!

Jutt8 is correct. You can still "special order" SMX1614T/C292 (Marine blue Fade) through your favorite authorized Pearl dealer. Since we do not stock it; it will be considered a "Special Order" please allow 4-6 months for delivery at time of PO placement.
          sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

another option is to find another 16x16, which is a lot more common, and have it cut down to a 16x14......that should cost quite a bit less than a special order from pearl......just an idea.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jutt8 View Post
              You can ask your dealer or Pearl if they will make you one that is in fact a session series and NOT masterworks. I bet they would do it. They still do special orders like that on other series kits that are older models.
              They do? Does this mean I could order a 8" tom for my early 90's SZX kit in Midnight Quartz finish, or is it just too old?
              Kits: CZX - SZX - MLX - BLX
              Snares: Pearl (8), Gretsch (2), Premier (2)
              Cymbals: Paiste
              Mics: Shure, Audio-Technica, AKG
              Sticks: Wincent

Comment

You would need to either ask Pearl on here or ask your dealer to ask Pearl
                sigpic
                Pearl Masters Premium BRP UPDATED
                Masters Studio MBX Make Over-Emerald Mist
                The Masters Army

Comment

I wish I had a "Pearl Dealer"; I have to buy all of my Pearl gear from the internet. Good luck on finding the tom you want. Peace, goodwill, and blues.
                  Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Mapex MPX (snare, )Mapex Armory Sabre (Snare), Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms; Sabian HHX, AAX, XS20, and SR2 ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

Church Drummers Army

Comment

Ebay and Craiglist are scarce just a lot of 14's and 10's. Everyone that has one is not willing to sell separately.

Comment

I have also done a lot of research/ looking for Pearl Session Custom toms (SMX). I even bought a 3 piece kit I lucked out and found on the Guitar Center website, just to get the kick drum, and sold off the two toms I did not need because I already had them. To finish out the setup I wanted, I ordered the rest (8, 16FT, and deep snare because they are impossible to find) two months ago and I'm hoping to have them by Christmas. My best advice, order what your looking for or you may be old and gray by the time you find it, or you may have to buy a whole kit to get it. Good Luck.

Edit: Afterthought, from what I have seen, older Sessions are at that point where they are harder to find (duh!!) and the price is climbing as a result, especially for unusual sizes. I tried to wheel and deal with a guy on Ebay that thought his were made of gold and wouldn't budge. I finally blew that idea off and placed the order...
                      Last edited by Johnboy 5000; 07-31-2013, 02:49 PM.
                      Pearl Masters (MCX) Mocha Tamo
                      Pearl Session Custom (SMX) Green Burst
                      Zildjian A & K Customs
                      Originally posted by ashmaple
                      ... so I secretely wanna see him 'bust his gear out when he's doing their gig in front of the crowds that lead into Make a legendary show. Hajahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumolator View Post
                        I wish I had a "Pearl Dealer"; I have to buy all of my Pearl gear from the internet. Good luck on finding the tom you want. Peace, goodwill, and blues.
                        Where in CENLA are you? The Pearl dealer map shows locations up as far as Alec...

Ray Fransen's Drum Center in Kenner (suburban New Orleans) is probably the biggest dealer in the state, but I'm sure there are others that can help you (not sure if Swicegood is still in the Lake Charles/Sulphur area) but they used to be reasonably helpful back in the day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pearl Dealer Map.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	5172776

Comment

I may just be confused here, but your favorite Pearl dealer can be anywhere, ala internet. Not being a smart a** here, I ask because I used a dealer that was nowhere near me....
                          Pearl Masters (MCX) Mocha Tamo
                          Pearl Session Custom (SMX) Green Burst
                          Zildjian A & K Customs
                          Originally posted by ashmaple
                          ... so I secretely wanna see him 'bust his gear out when he's doing their gig in front of the crowds that lead into Make a legendary show. Hajahaha.

Comment

you should be able to call any drum dealer that sells pearl and place an order over the phone and via email.

let us know what it finally costs. im curious....

Comment

Originally posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
                              Welcome to the PDF!!!!

Jutt8 is correct. You can still "special order" SMX1614T/C292 (Marine blue Fade) through your favorite authorized Pearl dealer. Since we do not stock it; it will be considered a "Special Order" please allow 4-6 months for delivery at time of PO placement.
                              Any chance to "special order" DLX drums?)
                              http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...id-80-s-DX-kit

Comment

Working...
                              X