Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another craigslist score! Pearl fiberglass and a mystery snare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another craigslist score! Pearl fiberglass and a mystery snare!

I'm meeting the seller in about an hour but they're guaranteed mine and for the princely sum of $150.
    I don't think the chrome snare in the picture is a Supra, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
    After I asked what the little tag under Pearl said and she said fiberglass I forgot to ask about the snare! Didn't really matter at that point.
    More pics to come later when I get her home!
    Attached Files

Great deal man !
    Pearl, Remo, Tama , Vater

Pearl Vision VMX
    Tama Silverstar Jazz

Comment

Update! The snare IS a Ludwig Supraphonic model 400!
      Dirty but very little pitting. It will clean up nicely!
      The wrap is pretty fugly and crazed on the Pearls but I'm looking forward to picking out a new wrap.
      They're in the car while I'm out to dinner but I'll put some pics up when I get home.
      I'll be hitting up evilbay for a couple tom arms, floor tom legs, and part of a bass drum spur, but everything else is there. I <3 craigslist!

Comment

That's tight. I made a good score today as well. Not as good as you but I got 12,13,16,22 Ludwig 1969 sky blue pears with old school bass drum and floor Tom Hardcase for 500. Kits in immaculate condition. Looks new. Pics to come
        sigpic
        Buy Nice or Buy Twice!

My Cherry Craviottos

Comment

Are you kidding?
          I'd much rather have found that than these! SBP is such a great wrap! Congrats!!!
          These need lots of little parts replaced, but I fortunately have a big pile of NOS Pearl replacement parts I found in a pawn shop years ago. Just need the few things I mentioned earlier to get it playable, and the more I look at the imperfect silver wrap the more I kinda like it as is...

Comment

Those will be sweet for sure. Yes I was in the market for a "players" kit to gig with so I didn't have to use the galaxy and found the sky blue kit and funny thing is apart from needin some reso hoops and hardware I think it's In just as good of shape as the galaxy. Guy didn't know what he had.

Gotta love Craigslist.
            sigpic
            Buy Nice or Buy Twice!

My Cherry Craviottos

Comment

I hate you guys very much. You have a large used market with plenty great deals and offers. Used market here doesn't exist and there's no vintage stuff, except for useless soviet era crap
              Under the sign of D-beat

Un-ban nik12!

Comment

Awesome score right there! Every now and again something like this crosses my path. Trouble is..I never seem to have the cash on hand to snag it:-(
                Great grab! That snare alone is worth what you paid for the whole enchilada!
                MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
                CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

I paid $160.00 for my used glass kit.It had no wraps on it when I got it and the thirteen was wood. Great find there.If you can afford Jammin Sams wrap kit,it sure made my kit look like a new kit when I was all done. Some people dont like
                  sams wrap kit but mine is holding up very well.It's been on now for almost two years. I'm very happy with it guess thats all that matters.
                  mark w.
                  Mr. Pearl
                  sigpic Vintage Pearl Fiberglass;22/8/10/12/13/16,10" Pearl Mike Mangini Snare, 1975 Rogers Dynasonic COB.
                  1953-54 Slingerland Radio King.
                  Stagg Cymbals are super cool.
                  Pearl Export Black; 22/12/13/16/14"-COS snare. Zildjian A's
                  Yamaha Tour Custom; 22/10/12/16/14" 8ply Maple Snare. Zildjian A's

Comment

Originally posted by erwinner View Post
                    I'm meeting the seller in about an hour but they're guaranteed mine and for the princely sum of $150.
                    I don't think the chrome snare in the picture is a Supra, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
                    After I asked what the little tag under Pearl said and she said fiberglass I forgot to ask about the snare! Didn't really matter at that point.
                    More pics to come later when I get her home!

Nice Score! I need a 22" BD and floor toms for my Fiberglass kit. Let me know if you need any parts, AND if you see some more Pearl Fiberglass shells around give me a shout!

Comment

Originally posted by JckCustom View Post
                      Those will be sweet for sure. Yes I was in the market for a "players" kit to gig with so I didn't have to use the galaxy and found the sky blue kit and funny thing is apart from needin some reso hoops and hardware I think it's In just as good of shape as the galaxy. Guy didn't know what he had.

Gotta love Craigslist.
                      I just love that moment when you get confirmation on your hunch that you've got a diamond in the rough. My pulse races and I tend to do a happy dance, which makes loved ones look at me oddly.

Originally posted by beermaniac View Post
                      I hate you guys very much. You have a large used market with plenty great deals and offers. Used market here doesn't exist and there's no vintage stuff, except for useless soviet era crap
                      Yeah, but you're a lot closer to Germany, so maybe you could have some vintage Sonor stuff shipped over! Or take a little vacation and come home with your suitcase full of drums. I once flew home from Atlanta, Georgia with an Axis pedal and Pearl Masterworks snare in my luggage because I dropped by a music shop (Atlanta Pro Percussion, cool place!) and saw them for too good of a deal to pass up!

Originally posted by pearlygates View Post
                      Awesome score right there! Every now and again something like this crosses my path. Trouble is..I never seem to have the cash on hand to snag it:-(
                      Great grab! That snare alone is worth what you paid for the whole enchilada!
                      They're just my savings account. When I get a little short on cash and need something, I'll sell off a snare or something and pay whatever bill I missed. But the holiday season was good to me with extra work so I was ready for this $150 expense.

Originally posted by mark w. View Post
                      I paid $160.00 for my used glass kit.It had no wraps on it when I got it and the thirteen was wood. Great find there.If you can afford Jammin Sams wrap kit,it sure made my kit look like a new kit when I was all done. Some people dont like
                      sams wrap kit but mine is holding up very well.It's been on now for almost two years. I'm very happy with it guess thats all that matters.
                      mark w.
                      Mr. Pearl
                      I've checked them out for kits before, but have never actually had to rewrap a kit. I'll look there again. Regular wraps are usually pretty cheap, it the fancy finishes that get pricey... Don't know what I'm going to do with this quite yet. Maybe I could gelcoat it like a fiberglass ski boat.

Originally posted by Dana View Post
                      Nice Score! I need a 22" BD and floor toms for my Fiberglass kit. Let me know if you need any parts, AND if you see some more Pearl Fiberglass shells around give me a shout!
                      I'm short both tom arms and the end part of a folding bass drum spur. Some other bolts, tension rods, etc. but I think I have those from a pile of stuff I bought from a pawn shop a few years ago. Some out of business Pearl dealer must have found his old parts and just hocked them.
                      If I find any more, I'll let you know! What's your finish? Feel free to add pics to my thread! Hopefully I'll be able to add some tomorrow before I start tearing them down and cleaning and polishing.
                      Last edited by erwinner; 01-15-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Yes your heart starts racing and you can't sit still and your hoping the seller doesnt notice. Lol.
                        sigpic
                        Buy Nice or Buy Twice!

My Cherry Craviottos

Comment

You gotta be quick, decisive, and have a mean poker face.
                          My goal is to have the deal done and the ad removed by the seller before any other potential buyers even have a chance to see it! But I enjoy my hourly craigslist searches and even get emails when the RSS feed from the musical instruments page gets updated. (shh... that's a secret..)
                          By the way, Jck, where is your thread?!?!?

Comment

I am waiting to get the reso hoops to unveil it all. It came with a double tom holder on the bass drum but I rarely use a five piece. Right now i have the mount attached to a cymbal stand and both toms shifted to the left as not to affect my ride...but I'll probably just pick and choose between the 12 and 13 and put on a snare stand for the look of it. 13 sounds better just single headed but we will see. I guess I can give a sneak peek...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ry/image-3.jpg

Looks maple/poplar/maple to me. Am I right?
                            sigpic
                            Buy Nice or Buy Twice!

My Cherry Craviottos

Comment

I love CL too! I've bought soooo many drums from ads there. Most recent.... Mint Ludwig Jazz Fest, 65 Trixon TX1 Snare mint, and a 61 Geo Way near mint...3 drum deal for $600. The Jazz Fest and the Trixon just sold today for over $700, so i've made $100 and still have the Geo Way to go! I already have a Jazz Fest and the Trixon wasn't my style. I've also already got a Geo, so this one will probably go soon. On to the next deal.....

Comment

Working...
                              X