Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the approximate age of my old Maxwins ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the approximate age of my old Maxwins ?

Just the 5 piece in 12" 13" 16" 22" and 14" snare are original Maxwins...the 8" and 10" are re-badged Westburys and the 14" floor tom with i believe 60's lugs is an unknown brand. After over a year of owning these and tweaking them just right...i love em ! Having a difficult time with the idea of letting them go. Thanks for any info you can give me about these in advance.
    Attached Files
    Pearl ET Maple - 8x8, 10x8, 12x8, 15x12, 22x14 (Green Flash)

That's a great looking kit and a nice setup too!
    Based on the tom mounts on the bass drum alone, I'd be inclined to say mid 70's, say 72 to 76...
    Someone, perhaps barjack, may be more precise.
    If you can, hang on to it. Nothing says you only have to have one kit lol, except funding.
    Hope this helps
    My revamped Pearl DX kit (now with 8" tom)
    My refurbished 72 NC Deluxe Pearl Kit
    My early 80's G314LXDC Pearl Snare
    Catalogue Corner Thread
    Restoring and refinishing (vintage) drums
    My Snare build

Comment

Nice kit! These Maxwin kits are sometimes hard for me to date because Pearl used those hex tom arms all the way into the 80's. Your kit is either a 905 Super Maxwin or perhaps an 805 Concert. The 905 is more likely as it was the "pro" level kit with 10 lug kick drum. Here are some catalogue images that might give you an idea- they're both from the turn of the 80's, 1979 and 1981 respectively. The floor tom looks like it was part of a Pearl student kit, 14x14 6 lug with the '69 President-style lugs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	page2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	5145984

Click image for larger version

Name:	Maxwin R 560630 03.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	5145985
      www.revivaldrumshop.com

Comment

Thanks 3pearlkits and barjack... i was leaning toward selling them...but i might regret that at some point and wish i hadn't. I think i'm gonna keep em' !
        Pearl ET Maple - 8x8, 10x8, 12x8, 15x12, 22x14 (Green Flash)

Comment

They're not worth selling if they have any sentimental value- the Maxwin marque doesn't really bring in the big bucks and you'd probably only get $300 or so for all those drums unless you found a serious vintage Japanese drum geek.
          www.revivaldrumshop.com

Comment

So, my wife found me this kit for $80 and I am wondering how old it is.Click image for larger version

Name:	Drum Pic.jpg
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	5210747

Can you guys help me out?

Comment

Earlier in the 70's than the kit in the first of post in this thread.
              Say somewhere between 1970 and 1974-5.
              My revamped Pearl DX kit (now with 8" tom)
              My refurbished 72 NC Deluxe Pearl Kit
              My early 80's G314LXDC Pearl Snare
              Catalogue Corner Thread
              Restoring and refinishing (vintage) drums
              My Snare build

Comment

Working...
              X