Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric
    replied
    Beautiful kit. Hard to beat aged shells.

Leave a comment:

• TMdrums
    replied
    Originally posted by 3pearlkits View Post
    More pics.
    Please excuse the grainy washed out phone pics because of par 64's, using a crappy phone:
    Excellent looking kit and many different configurations you have there!

Leave a comment:

• 3pearlkits
    replied
    at a gig

More pics.
    Please excuse the grainy washed out phone pics because of par 64's, using a crappy phone:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 3pearlkits
    replied
    More pics

More:

8" tom

8 piece on the rack drivers seat

8 piece front

8" with opti
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 3pearlkits
    replied
    Reloading pics, again...

Image hosts, bother.

Decided to add attachments

I don't know why attachments don't show in the order in which they were loaded, so:

6 piece on the rack

7 piece

5 piece

12 and 13 with opti's
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 3pearlkits; 05-29-2022, 08:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BadAstronaut
    replied
    fuggin sweet 3pk

Leave a comment:

• 3pearlkits
    replied
    Prior to the gig.
    Apologies for awful quality phone pics (forgot the camera doh).

Drivers seat pics were too washed out by the Par 64's and too grainy...

It's about the drums, but for those interested:
    Cymbals from left to right.

14" Paiste Coloursound 5 HH
    UFIP 14" Custom crash (90's)
    17" A Zildjian Crash (70's)
    16" AC&IE Zildjian (recent release)
    18" Sabian thin crash (80's)
    Paiste 2002 18" crash (80's)
    20" Paiste coloursound 5 ride (80's)
    Last edited by 3pearlkits; 04-28-2013, 06:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 3pearlkits
    replied
    Thanks BA and Mark

BA, haha, now you know what us lefty's go through all the time, looking at right hand kits.
    But it's OK, I use the right side of my brain

Mark, sure does look at home
    I told one of sons yesterday I'd got an 8" tom, he said "what a DX one with black wrap?". Yep I said. "They must be rare". Yep. And so on.

Just read through my last post.
    The 80-83 Maple shelled snare (G314LXDC) isn't gone. Kinda semi retired. After going through all sorts of trouble restoring it, particularly with snare wires, it's not going to get much work now, except special occassions...

Leave a comment:

• marknu1
    replied
    Fantastic! It looks right at home, just as it should

Leave a comment:

• BadAstronaut
    replied
    glad you scored a new tom and kit looks sweet .. for a lefty .. :-)

Leave a comment:

• 3pearlkits
    replied
    Reconfiguring the rack...

I said I'd post up some pics, including the 14" and the 8" toms.

I had to reconfigure stuff, I did try the 14" between the 13" and the 16FT, but didn't like it there much, so put it where it is now.
    I needed to do this to see if I needed to chop off the top of the HH rod.

Shell pack only at this stage

Drivers seat, today:

Left front:

Front on:

Sorry, it was getting late, it was cloudy and flash never seems to go well with black kits...

What's changed?
    Ok, When I first started this thread there was a EQ3 batter on the bass drum.
    That's changed to a Remo Powersonic, very much for the better. If the Evans EMAD wasn't another $30 more than the Remo (we pay a large fortune for heads here) that would have got a run.
    There's not a scrap of padding in the bass drum and the guy who does sound at my most regular gig totally loves the sound of this kick as it is, as do I.

The 80-83 8ply Maple shell Pearl snare has changed to the one I assembled in this thread:
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...arl&highlight=

The original about 40yo Zildjian AC&IE 16" brilliant crash decided it would fracture beyond redemption. It's been replaced with a latest release AC&IE, but it just isn't the same! Ces la vie.

Everything in the most recent pics except the 2 x 14's ( so the 14" tom and the snare) has, as of today, had new batters and reso's replaced. I love hitting these drums the first time after doing this. This gets done once a year and I'd do it more often, but, as I've already said, we pay A LOT for heads here (Don't get me wrong, I change batters as often as required, but have made a habit over the last, err long time of years, to change the reso's at least every twelve months).
    In fact, you guys in the US could buy a kit on CL for what I pay for heads for this kit here, but that's another story lol..

So, enjoy a bit of 80's gear a la naturale pro temp.

Next gig is tomorrow. The lot is going. I'll spend a good bit of time prior to the gig reconfiguring all the booms etc for cymbals and will have to do that with AX-20's and maybe an AX-30, until I get some time to source more clamps for the DR100N...
    Last edited by 3pearlkits; 04-24-2013, 04:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 3pearlkits
    replied
    Stripped, cleaned and reassembled, I've added an 8" tom:

I'm trying to decide if I need more clamps to put it all together (I'll have to get PCX-100's to do that) on the rack, but for illustration sake will probably do it with multiclamps.

Edit: General consensus to date: Collectively we've accounted for 5 of these worldwide so far...
    Last edited by 3pearlkits; 04-25-2013, 03:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• marknu1
    replied
    I'm super glad the drum arrived safely! I can't wait to see the pics of it in its rightful place

Leave a comment:

• 3pearlkits
    replied
    The time is nearing to update this thread.
    With pics.

Thanks to marknu1, I've recently bought an 8" tom with the correct finish for this kit, and when it is all cleaned up and opti'ed and GK90'ed, and the rack reconfigured, I'll post up new pics of that and including the 14"...

Leave a comment:

• 3pearlkits
    replied
    Looks like Imagecave is gone, so gone to photobucket.

Sorry if you've been trying to look at this thread and haven't seen pics....

Before:

After...

With opti's:

5 Piece:

5 Piece drivers seat:

6 piece:

6 piece drivers seat:

Enjoy...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X