No announcement yet.

My revamped 1984 DX...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those DX's are the bomb! You've had yours since 85 3 Pearl Kits? Taken great care of them as they still look new!! Nice! Just a few minor upgrades and elbow work and wallah!!! Great drums!!!rep of course! You deserve it!
    Last edited by nova; 11-12-2009, 07:37 PM.
    sigpicPEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

Comment

Hey Nova, thanks man!
      Yep I bought em new in '85. There are a few wrinkles starting to show up in the wrap, I'm just beginning to toss up as to how long I wait before I fix that, or make them Piano Black DLX type finish (myself of course).
      Oh and thanks for the rep! It had been about 80 posts since I got rep and I wondered if I had been doing something wrong hehehehehe
      There seems to be something about all the Pearl series from the early to mid 80's. Everyone who has them, either recently like Pearlygates, or a lot of us "forevers" lol, just love the tones and sounds the kits produce. Testament to the manufacturer really.

When I stop being slack I will take a photo of my kit in it's latest configuration as a 7 piece, and tack it on here...
      Last edited by 3pearlkits; 11-12-2009, 07:57 PM.
      My revamped Pearl DX kit (now with 8" tom)
      My refurbished 72 NC Deluxe Pearl Kit
      My early 80's G314LXDC Pearl Snare
      Catalogue Corner Thread
      Restoring and refinishing (vintage) drums
      My Snare build

Comment

It's all good 3PK! That kit is a beauty for sure!!
        MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
        CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

I can't relly see this, but have you got the Air Suspension feet on the floortom?
          "Art can be a reflection of society, and we're picking up the dark reflections"
          - Tom Araya, Slayer

Comment

Certainly do David!

However at the time that pic was taken I did not have air suspension feet on, that occured a couple of weeks later.

They have been a great addition...
            Catalogue Corner Thread
            My Snare build

Comment

So the feet fit on the normal DX Legs, thats a great info for me
              - Tom Araya, Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by David_DX View Post
                So the feet fit on the normal DX Legs, thats a great info for me
                Good then

I just rotated the old feet and then pulled them off, then pushed on the new feet. The old feet went to my '72 kit legs and even that opened up the floor tom more...
                Catalogue Corner Thread
                My Snare build

Comment

Bit of a delay, but thought I'd post a quick pic of the final restore outcome from May of my $85 Pro DX's. Using the 16" as the uptom, LOL! They are a blast to play in this setup and sound great...especially the kick!
                  Attached Files

Comment

what the...

Nice setup, did you wrap it yourself, or what did you restore, in any case, I really like the color!

Edit, yeah I know now... (reading is good^^)
                    Last edited by David_DX; 12-19-2009, 04:40 AM.
                    - Tom Araya, Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by ObiWan View Post
                      Bit of a delay, but thought I'd post a quick pic of the final restore outcome from May of my $85 Pro DX's. Using the 16" as the uptom, LOL! They are a blast to play in this setup and sound great...especially the kick!
                      Interesting...wait..$85???
                      MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

LOL...yeah, scored them on CL for $85! Even came with a spare 22" kick for extra parts and a hi-hat stand that only needed a nut on the foot pedal to get it going! They were really grungy and rusty, but lots of love and Noxon7 gave them a second wind! The pic doesn't really show it, but the wrap is pretty bubbled (dark maroon) and scratched up, but nonetheless still shined up okay. Been looking around for a 13" or 14" Pro DX tom to go with it, and then I'd love to re-wrap them in White, but in the meantime using the 16" up has been a blast! Loud and real toney with Ambassadors over Diplomats. Thanks again for the cool comments, it's been a lot of fun to give them new life!

Comment

Originally posted by ObiWan View Post
                          LOL...yeah, scored them on CL for $85! Even came with a spare 22" kick for extra parts and a hi-hat stand that only needed a nut on the foot pedal to get it going! They were really grungy and rusty, but lots of love and Noxon7 gave them a second wind! The pic doesn't really show it, but the wrap is pretty bubbled (dark maroon) and scratched up, but nonetheless still shined up okay. Been looking around for a 13" or 14" Pro DX tom to go with it, and then I'd love to re-wrap them in White, but in the meantime using the 16" up has been a blast! Loud and real toney with Ambassadors over Diplomats. Thanks again for the cool comments, it's been a lot of fun to give them new life!
                          Sweet
                          MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

Obiwan, That is breaking the rules of the PDF.
                            You can't put sell or trades in posts.
                            Put them in your signature instead.
                            Last edited by 3pearlkits; 04-04-2013, 09:52 PM.
                            Catalogue Corner Thread
                            My Snare build

Comment

Please accept my apologies...I certainly don't want any negatives to happen here to your thread or my status on the forum! I enjoy this forum, as well as following your thread all this time! I have deleted the post, and hope this rights any wrongs!

Obi

Comment

I really like the coloursounds and your kit is sweet.
                                Pearl, Remo, Tama , Vater

Pearl Vision VMX
                                Tama Silverstar Jazz

Comment

Working...
                                X