what snare is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mate,

http://www.classicdrums.com/ will be able to supply you with a strainer to match that drum - i've used him plenty of times.

Comment

Thats a great snare you got , just clean the baby!

Comment

ill give you $100 for it!!!

Comment

I've got one quite similar, and its fantastic.
          Check out the band: State Line Syndicate

Comment

haha dont let go of that drum, fix that biach up lol it could make a good collectors item!
            http://pearldrummersforum.com/showth...7][my kit]
            OFFICIAL REP RETURNER
            my vintage kit

Comment

old and rusty ludwig 1970,80s ?
              Pearl - The Best Reason To Join A Forum

Tama ¦ Pearl ¦ Epiarch ¦ Remo / Evans ¦ Pro Mark ¦ Some Cymbals

Comment

More like 60's with that strainer and badge. New Era was Premier's 'educational' range of gear up until the 80's, so the wires could do with replacing. Don't listen to people who tell you to buy snare wires that cost £30, you don't need them. Pearl 20 strand ones at about £10 or the cheaper range of Puresounds (£17 or so for 20 strand, it's all you need) are absolute fine for the drum.

Don't worry about any pitting on the shell, as they all do it. Yours looks not too bad for its age!

Comment

Ewww, theres a pinstripe on it and it's all rusted. I nearly almost threw up considering I have this snare and seeing it decapitated like that...Disturbing site.

Comment

if it is pre-serial number than it may be COB which makes it worth a lot actually. only it is in crappy condition....
                    mudroom

Comment

Originally posted by mzd
                      if it is pre-serial number than it may be COB which makes it worth a lot actually. only it is in crappy condition....
                      That is a good point, the chrome is in poor condition but doesn't seem to be pitting like aluminum supraphonics do. Some brasso and it should be fine.

Comment

thanks for everyone's input.
                        what does COB mean?
                        i mainly want to fix it up nicelly slap some nice skins on it and i'll play it. i'm really not looking to sell it. but i'd like to find out about the drum.
                        what do you think it could be worth in almost perfect condition then?

Comment

COB stands for Chrome Over Brass. Almost all the Supraphonics are Chrome over aluminum but the first few batches made (pre serial number keystone badges like yours) were brass and are much more saught after.

In perfect condition an aluminum one is worth around £200. A brass one would fetch up to £600

Comment

Oh, I've owned a couple of supraphonics and it's hard to go wrong with a coated ambassador or CS coated.

Comment

bloody hell. cheers for the help guys. i'm definatelly not selling it now. i cant believe i got mine for nothing! thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X