No announcement yet.

Timpani Sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey thanks again for those Vic Firth T6's Nativeguy! I'm really digging the nice big sound they can produce.

Comment

Sweet man! Glad you liked em! It was nice playing music with you.

Comment

Throw it at the wall, if it doesn't slide down then the timpani sticks.

Comment

I've not had any time with Innovative Percussion stuff, the stores in my area push VF and Mike Balter pretty hard. I have a couple pairs of David Gross timpani mallets before Black Swamp percussion (I think) bought his mallets business. It's not on the website anymore.

I've had the privilege getting to use a pair of carbon fiber mallets made by John Beck and those changed my mind about mallets and the material you can use that affects the feel and the sound you get from the drum. Thus I'm a big fan of carbon fiber, though I don't play enough timpani to warrant buying a pair or even a set.

I wouldn't count out VF mallets though. Many people use them for practicing and/or rehearsals as beater mallets which keeps the good mallets in top condition for dress rehearsals and performances. It's less expensive in the long run, I think, to do it this way.
          Yamaha: LC2014-TC1986
          Gretsch: Renown Walnut 10-12-14-20
          Mapex: Meridian Maple 12-14-18
          Rogers: 13-16-22
          Yamaha, Tama, snares
          Zildjian, Sabian cyms, VF Sticks

Comment

Originally posted by drummaman1 View Post
            I've not had any time with Innovative Percussion stuff, the stores in my area push VF and Mike Balter pretty hard. I have a couple pairs of David Gross timpani mallets before Black Swamp percussion (I think) bought his mallets business. It's not on the website anymore. I've had the privilege getting to use a pair of carbon fiber mallets made by John Beck and those changed my mind about mallets and the material you can use that affects the feel and the sound you get from the drum. Thus I'm a big fan of carbon fiber, though I don't play enough timpani to warrant buying a pair or even a set. I wouldn't count out VF mallets though. Many people use them for practicing and/or rehearsals as beater mallets which keeps the good mallets in top condition for dress rehearsals and performances. It's less expensive in the long run, I think, to do it this way.
            Really? That's interesting. I've had the same set of T2 Cartwheels since my sophomore year of high school. I'm a freshman in college now, and they're still going strong.
            Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

Working...
            X