HELP w/ new snare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP w/ new snare

i have 350 to spend on a snare this hannukah, please help find one. I was thinking of the maple freefloater 14.5 x5 maybe idk what it was it's at guitar center. I need a nice cracky, bright sound. I play rock, blues, and jazz.

bump?

Comment

please

Comment

get a pearl sensitone. it's got what you're looking for and it'll save you some bucks...

Comment

Originally posted by candersen
          get a pearl sensitone. it's got what you're looking for and it'll save you some bucks...
          This actually isn't a half-bad idea! When I think of bright and cracky, I think brass. Get yourself a Sensitone Brass, or even a Brass Free-Floater. Both can be had for relatively cheap, especially if you look on Ebay.
          The man called Shaggy.

Comment

thank i kinda wanted a wood shell tohugh

Comment

Check with Jody at Steller drums he'll be able to hook you up and should be in your budget.
              Too many things go unseen, remember sometimes its not whats on the surface but something much deeper.

If you get a chance check out this band and tell them what you think.
              SubtleKaos

Comment

Donati Signature $315 at massmusic.net.

5x14 Birch/Maple hybrid with rounded bearing edge and Die-Cast Hoops.

That's a good way to spend your money.
                "The Steinway" 2005 Pearl BRX Black Sparkle 7-piece
                "The Road Warrior" 2006 Pearl BRX Midnight Fade 5-piece
                U.S. Fleet Commander - Pearl Masterworks Free Floating Snares

Comment

check out pearls discount list on massmusic.net. 5x14 brass free floater for $200 or the 3.5x14 one for $184. http://www.massmusic.net/pearlmasters.html

Comment

those maple free floaters really do crack nicely...good sounding drums. have a look at the tama starclassic maple snares as well.

Comment

Originally posted by andyman1970
                      Donati Signature $315 at massmusic.net.

5x14 Birch/Maple hybrid with rounded bearing edge and Die-Cast Hoops.

That's a good way to spend your money.
                      Excellent pick. Also, the Yamaha Musashi cracks like a mofo!
                      The man called Shaggy.

Comment

I got a Black Panther maple 14x6.5 for $350 from Musicians Friend. It's probably not bright enough for you but you could try the 14x5.5 which is higher pitched and cracky.
                        Hey man, don't worry about posting this kind of stuff here. The Mods will very likely delete this thread and most members here can't be bothered to discuss things that aren't about drum plies or video games. Sad but honest truth.

Comment

a trip to your local guitar center will help you pick the right one, you are the ONLY person that knows what sound you are looking for.

Comment

^^
                            Agreed 100%
                            LOOKING FOR A (USED OR NEW) 17"-22" CHINA CYMBAL! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE YOU WANT TO SELL!!!

One day the reaping will return, and we'll be butchers no more.
                            Bring this slaughter home, and send everything above

Comment

Working...
                            X