Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a new snare with great body...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a different shell.
    Or, I bet you'll eventually regret getting rid of that Free Floater.
    MMX▄▄masters▄ l i q u i d ♪ a m b e r ▄custom▄▄MMX
    ▄▄sound.creation▄▄2002▄ pAiSTe ▄signature▄▄▄rude▄▄▄

◘◘◘◘◘ What God wants, God gets.... God help us all. ◘◘◘◘◘

Comment

A thin shell with reinforcement rings, and deeper than 5 inches would give you what your looking for.

That would be a Dennis Chambers Signature.
      www.showtimesoundllc.com

Want a Ludwig Acrolite ? PM me.

Comment

I agree with the MHX if in fact it is a 4 ply drum. I say this cause I have a Dennis Chambers sig. and it has tons of body like the J lo. snare. It also is a 4 ply snare.

Comment

Omar Hakim Snare
          Spence

Rock out, Roll on

There is no cure for birth, nor for death. Thus, one must rock out to the fullest during the interval in between.

Comment

Sounds like we all need to clarify what we hear as "body".

Is it midrange or low-mids or low end?

Body to me are the middle frequencies that often fill out the sound. A thicker shell generally accentuates the the upper mids and high frequencies while a thinner one projects more lower mids. I would guess that Beeresponsible would be happy with a number of shells that are on the thinner side. For a Pearl shell I would suggest an MMX, which would have a meaty yet full tone that is chunky and still bright and sensative. Or any well built Keller shell 8-ply maple. My favorite right now is a 6X13 8-ply Keller I built myself. Its about as middle of the road of body/crack/warmth/sensativity/brightness/articulation as I can get while still having some character to it.

I bet a 5 1/2X13 or 14 MMX or the DC sig would do about the same.

Comment

Working...
            X