No announcement yet.

Genera Dry heads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have the genera dry on my new steel snare and i love it! its durable enough for me and lets the drum have a nice tone but rings for about half a second. it still has the crack and some of the high overtones but it sounds very good.
    BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE

Comment

I played around with different heads for my 14x5.5 maple SRX snare and settled on the Genera dry. The head alone does not make the sound, it is the head and the tuning. I have the batter med tight and the reso tuned higher than the batter. I played with the tuning until I got the sound I wanted. I find that the Genera dry really brings out the sound of the shell. Dark and woody.

Comment

Putting a 2-ply on a snare feels like playing on a pillow...slow, toneless, no bounce...yuk
        Goodbye....

Comment

Well thanks for all the help, I do like some ring left so I think I'm gonna roll with a G2 to start. Now to figure out which snare side head to use...
          The Band.

The EPIARCH.

:)

Comment

Originally posted by soundmanLPTE
            Well thanks for all the help, I do like some ring left so I think I'm gonna roll with a G2 to start. Now to figure out which snare side head to use...
            Go with a Hazy 300 from Evans. Or if you prefer Remo, Hazy Ambassador. For some odd reason, I find that matching vendors for top and bottom usually gives me the best tones when tuning. I'm sure there are those who would disagree, but that's what works for me. So my advice, Hazy 300 w/ a G2. Hope this helps!
            Sessions SSC Sheer Blue 8x7, 10x7, 12x8, 16x14, 22x16
            Sensitone Brass 13x5.5
            Zildjian Cymbals 14in K/Z3 Mstrsnd, 19in K Dark [MT], 17in K Dark [MT], 15in A [T], 20in K Cust Dry
            Custom ICON Compact Rack

Comment

Originally posted by abugazi
              Go with a Hazy 300 from Evans. Or if you prefer Remo, Hazy Ambassador. For some odd reason, I find that matching vendors for top and bottom usually gives me the best tones when tuning. I'm sure there are those who would disagree, but that's what works for me. So my advice, Hazy 300 w/ a G2. Hope this helps!
              It does, I think I am gonna go with that. I only considered the 500 for less buzz. But...some buzz allows for a cool effect. I'm just gonna use the 300 and get some EQ snares...
              The Band.

The EPIARCH.

:)

Comment

My issue I have with Evans snare heads that have muffling rings is such: The placement of the ring essentially destroys the heads sound, because it sits between the head and bearing edge. Compare one to an Aquarian, their rings so not toush the bearing edge. Huge difference in sound to my ear.

Anyway...powercenter G1, listen to Symbolic methinks.

Comment

^^ Yep, the Studio-X is great. The ring is in the perfect spot. My first choice for a muffled snare head..
                  C&C/Istanbul Agop

Comment

Working...
                  X