Tama Artwood 14x8 vs Joey Sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tama Artwood 14x8 vs Joey Sig

well as some of you know i have had a black panther on back order since nov 8th. now they tell me it will be at least dec 20th before it even gets to music123. so i have decided to cancel that and order a different snare. i need to spend less than $320 as it is a present and that was more than i expected i would have to work with and am not going to argue for more. anyway i have played a joey in the store briefly and liked what i heard but would also really like an 8x14. the artwood is the only one i can find in my price range. what do people who have played these drums think? or some other suggestions in the price range.
    {SABIAN PARAGON ARMY}

14x7 10ply Chop Shop snare IS HERE!!!!

my myspace

I would have waited for the Black Panther dude, they kill the Artwood in quality and the Joey in versatility. But I'd go for the Artwood personally.

Mapex Mafia

Comment

the black panther is just soooooooooooooo far away. and for all i know it will push back again. it will already be two months from date of order before i get it and thats with no other delays.
      {SABIAN PARAGON ARMY}

14x7 10ply Chop Shop snare IS HERE!!!!

my myspace

Comment

the artwood hands down is a way better snare, but in that price range check out the free floaters.

Comment

huge mistake dropping that snare. huge.

Comment

I would wait for the Black Panther, BUT if you absolutly must get one sooner get the Artwood or look into some Free Floaters.
            My (former) band: The Oh Wells

If you enjoy indie/folkish stuff you should give it a listen.

My Kit.

Comment

I have an artwood 8x14. I put an ambassador snare side and a clear CS on top. This is a very powerful drum IMO. I generally tune it very tight. I also replaced the tri-flange hoops with some die-casts. It is surprisingly sensitive for such a deep drum and cuts through heavy guitars and vocs with ease.
              ME
              CAVEAT
              EXIT STRATEGY

Comment

the lugs on bot are ugly as hell
                sigpic
                im 12 and what is this

Comment

Working...
                X