Deep And Dark And Low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep And Dark And Low

I am currantly playing a Dennis Chambers snare...love it.. but looking for somthing a little different.
    I am looking for somthing that is not harsh. A deep low end sound. Not a lot of sharp or crack to it.
    The only thing I could come up with is either a Tama 8x14 or maybe the 6.5x14 MHX.
    ANY SUGGESTIONS????????????????????/
    311....RUSH....TOOL....PRIMUS..................... .

Put a Jack DeJohnette Signature Aquarian head on your Chambers . Head selection and snare wire selection will solve your problem. Check out Puresound Products for wires to your liking. http://www.puresoundpercussion.com/home.htm
    www.showtimesoundllc.com

Want a Ludwig Acrolite ? PM me.

Comment

go for an 8x14. if you want a darker sound, try a solid shell snare, or maybe an oak snare. or if you really wanted to get fancy, you could get the tama bubinga or a bubinga stave snare. those things are dark like no other.
      sigpic
      im 12 and what is this

Comment

I recommend a walnut drum for a darker tone
        My stage custom and self built snare

My Old Sonor Delite

Comment

If you want deep,dark and Low.. Look no further than the 14x6 DW Cast Bronze.. I have one and it has all those quality's and more.. They are a bit spendy but WELL worth it..

Here are some pics of mine w/black hardware..
          Attached Files
          My Kits-

Reference 4pc Setup

Reference Kit-

My Homebuilt kit..

Want to trade my 22x18 Granite Sparkle Bass drum for 20x18 Granite Sparkle. Hit me up :D

Comment

Originally posted by interceptor
            I recommend a walnut drum for a darker tone
            or what he said. walnut is great.
            sigpic
            im 12 and what is this

Comment

the MHX would be a step in the right direction
              Proud to be a Pearl Drums dealer once again!

sigpic

DC Portsmouth | Facebook | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Andy @ MassMusic
                agreed. not too sure how much more darker you could get than that
                sigpic
                TRINITY

Comment

Black Panther Deep Forest Walnut. Deep, dark and rich.

Comment

African Mahogany is supposed to give about the deepest tone. If you can find anything built from that, you'll have that deep thudd. Of course, the 8" depth will also get you down into the nether world. Choose a head that can maintain good tone with a little lower tuning. If you do all that, it just may be TOO deep. Still, those are my ideas on how to get what you're after. Good luck! Let us know what works out for you.
                    www.tacticalinsider.com

Pearl Exports, Tico Sig Snare, Paiste, Trick "Big Foot" pedals, Gibraltar, Ahead sticks, Evans EC2's.

Comment

Originally posted by SAWMAN
                      African Mahogany is supposed to give about the deepest tone.
                      Exactly, the omar hakim sounds like just what you are looking for, it is a dark sounding snare but still has some crack to it, great sounding snare.

Comment

dark...... old drums that ar emade of garbage wood usually sound dark... cost you 15$

Comment

Originally posted by TempesT68
                          Exactly, the omar hakim sounds like just what you are looking for, it is a dark sounding snare but still has some crack to it, great sounding snare.
                          Nope NOPE nope................ I have this snare. It does have a dark sound, but major crack and pop to it....tuned tight.....not deep sounding at all.
                          Great snare but not even close to what I'm looking for. Thanks
                          311....RUSH....TOOL....PRIMUS..................... .

Comment

Originally posted by Andy @ MassMusic
                            I totally agree

Comment

Working...
                            X