looks pretty nice..142 bucks isnt bad at all
    thats not a bad lookin snare, especially for that price
    Sean

Johnbonhamism.

Comment

Originally posted by Tama_Theater
      ive seen a Zildjian Bell brass snare ltd edition

http://www.drumwright.co.uk/pages/de...CategoryID=675
      the zildjian snare is about 800 USD now..I have already inquired about it and am in the process of getting one.
      I play with strings and sticks.

Comment

Whoa, Wuhan makes snares? :O
        My Yamaha

Yamaha/Evans/Sabian/Wuhan/Vic Firth

Comment

I'd like to hear one too. It looks awesome.
          pls no bully ;w;

//My new Travis Barker Signature OCDP kit w/ Zildjian Pitch Blacks!

Comment

Hey guys, i wanted to share my experience with the wuhan snare i picked up a while ago. I found this thread and a couple others while looking for information on the wuhan snare i was considering a while back. Needless to say there was very little information available. I picked up the drum regardless and couldnt be happier with that purchase. The tube lugs are machined from solid steel and chrome plated, not die-cast. The throw is solidly built and super smooth and the butt plate is equally stout. The previous owner was unfortunately very inexperienced in tuning and proper assembly, as the hoopss had gotten warped and the screw holes were distorted from over tightening. The heads were also beat within an inch of their life and the snare side head had dents near the rim at each lug, another sign of horrid tuning methods. Fortunately, the shell was still level and in round, bearing edges unharmed, and the threads in the lugs were still nice and smooth. I replaced the heads with a remo hazy 300 snare side, coated ambassador on top. I also replaced the hoops with Gibraltar die cast hoops. After getting the hardware and heads back in proper functioning order, this snare drum became incredible. Super sensitive, nice tuning range, lots of body for a 13x5.5 inch drum and very cutting. I picked mine up for $120 shipped, after the replacement heads and hoops i was at $200 and quite happy to add that snare to my collection. I dont forsee myself selling this drum any time soon, if ever. The one question i have still remains unanswered regarding the drum: whats the shell made from? I must say tho, i am quite confident that its copper.

Comment

Originally posted by nlegendz View Post
              Hey guys, i wanted to share my experience with the wuhan snare i picked up a while ago. I found this thread and a couple others while looking for information on the wuhan snare i was considering a while back. Needless to say there was very little information available. I picked up the drum regardless and couldnt be happier with that purchase. The tube lugs are machined from solid steel and chrome plated, not die-cast. The throw is solidly built and super smooth and the butt plate is equally stout. The previous owner was unfortunately very inexperienced in tuning and proper assembly, as the hoopss had gotten warped and the screw holes were distorted from over tightening. The heads were also beat within an inch of their life and the snare side head had dents near the rim at each lug, another sign of horrid tuning methods. Fortunately, the shell was still level and in round, bearing edges unharmed, and the threads in the lugs were still nice and smooth. I replaced the heads with a remo hazy 300 snare side, coated ambassador on top. I also replaced the hoops with Gibraltar die cast hoops. After getting the hardware and heads back in proper functioning order, this snare drum became incredible. Super sensitive, nice tuning range, lots of body for a 13x5.5 inch drum and very cutting. I picked mine up for $120 shipped, after the replacement heads and hoops i was at $200 and quite happy to add that snare to my collection. I dont forsee myself selling this drum any time soon, if ever. The one question i have still remains unanswered regarding the drum: whats the shell made from? I must say tho, i am quite confident that its copper.
              You should post pictures and a video!
              Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadSkinMask View Post
                it says it has copper IN the brass alloy shell.thats pretty weird..copper is a darker, warmer toned metal than brass.2.33MM hops and 45 degree edges.probably somewhat similiar to the smitty smith snare...
                I’m confused. Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc so there will always be copper present in a brass drum.
                Guru Tour padauk segmented
                Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/emerald curly maple)
                Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
                Tama Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
                Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

Comment

Working...
                X