X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RushDrums24
    replied
    Originally posted by TMdrums View Post
    Your an excellent player Charlie, well done! I can see you added another floor to your kit?
    Thanks TM! Yeah I had that 16" made in late 2019, and sad to say it's only seen use on 1 gig pre-pandemic! Though I have recorded with it a fair bit over the last year or so. Hopefully have some touring coming back through late summer though so it'll almost certainly be coming out on the road then.

Leave a comment:

• TMdrums
    replied
    Your an excellent player Charlie, well done! I can see you added another floor to your kit?

Leave a comment:

• RushDrums24
    replied
    Putting the '63 Acrolite to use here, final project as part of my degree at ACM London.

Leave a comment:

• RushDrums24
    replied
    Heres a very rough sound file as the drum came, waiting on some new heads and wires, as well as the 3P Butt Plate (the Mini Mag will take a little longer), so will be doing a 'proper' sound file (with nice microphones) in a couple of weeks time.

Leave a comment:

• TMdrums
    replied
    Originally posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Thanks TM! Its a winning combination if you ask me! As a Craviotto aficionado friend of mine (who owns 160 snares, 36 of which are Crav's) said to me, you'll never find a better bearing edge than a Johnny C edge.
    Holy cow...160 snare drums! Now that's a collection! Well you enjoy that new SD of yours. It's a beaut!

Leave a comment:

• RushDrums24
    replied
    Beautiful instrument Charlie and Satin Maple with Gold Hardware, IMOP, total bling! Not to mention Craviotto...awesome!
    Thanks TM! Its a winning combination if you ask me! As a Craviotto aficionado friend of mine (who owns 160 snares, 36 of which are Crav's) said to me, you'll never find a better bearing edge than a Johnny C edge.

Leave a comment:

• TMdrums
    replied
    Originally posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Well Tuesday was a new snare day for me, and a total bucket list drum!

14x5.5" DW Craviotto Maple, made in July 2000 and signed by Johnny C. Its in natural maple with 24k gold fittings.
    Haven't had a proper chance to play it yet, but shall be putting it through its paces tomorrow! Also waiting on some nice new Puresound wires, Evans heads and one of the new Mini Mags (in gold of course!) to replace the fragile plastic Nickelworks that is currently on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520469[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]520470[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]520471[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]520472[/ATTACH]
    Beautiful instrument Charlie and Satin Maple with Gold Hardware, IMOP, total bling! Not to mention Craviotto...awesome!

Leave a comment:

• RushDrums24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RushDrums24
    replied
    Originally posted by j kuhl View Post
    Craviotto are amazing sounding and feeling snare drum.
    Congrats and I'm certain you'll enjoy it.
    I certainly will, thanks mate!

Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Beautiful drum Charlie! I thought I commented already. Regardless, enjoy the snare for many years to come!
    Thanks Matt, its definitely a drum to treasure, but also one I plan to gig and record with a LOT! I waited around for the right one (not one to rush into things!) and really was set on the one I got for a few reasons. This is a little tidbit that makes me smile, the Satin Natural maple and and Gold HW instantly reminds me of this kit, that my grandad owned for years, and then sold (and I've never forgiven him for it!), and when I was growing up, this was always the kit I coveted most, it was a 2004 DW in (you guessed it) Natural Maple with Gold Hardware. It was his touring kit with English singer Tony Christie (playing the likes of the Royal Albert Hall, and some big festival dates) and also was used when he did some live work for Sting, when he'd been honoured with an honorary Doctorate from Newcastle University (See videos!)

You may have already replied in the Purchase thread, I'd have to check hahaha.

Click image for larger version

Name:	b0a027ef-905b-47c3-9f7d-3ba6f2822889.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	5217259

Name:	fe32b43b-b9dc-4d3e-acba-d02a143cca85.jpg
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	5217260

Leave a comment:

• Drumming-4-Life
    Guest replied
    Beautiful drum Charlie! I thought I commented already. Regardless, enjoy the snare for many years to come!

Leave a comment:

• j kuhl
    replied
    Craviotto are amazing sounding and feeling snare drum.
    Congrats and I'm certain you'll enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• RushDrums24
    replied

Name:	IMG_1344.jpg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	5217255

Name:	IMG_1346.jpg
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	5217256

Name:	IMG_1347.jpg
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	5217257

Leave a comment:

• RushDrums24
    replied
    Well Tuesday was a new snare day for me, and a total bucket list drum!

14x5.5" DW Craviotto Maple, made in July 2000 and signed by Johnny C. Its in natural maple with 24k gold fittings.
    Haven't had a proper chance to play it yet, but shall be putting it through its paces tomorrow! Also waiting on some nice new Puresound wires, Evans heads and one of the new Mini Mags (in gold of course!) to replace the fragile plastic Nickelworks that is currently on it.

Name:	IMG_1339.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	5217251

Name:	IMG_1340.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	5217252

Name:	IMG_1341.jpg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	5217253

Name:	IMG_1343.jpg
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	5217254

Leave a comment:

• TMdrums
    replied
    Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Nice Supra! Mine has different specs, but the same spirit
    Thanks Matt for the advice on the P88! Very happy with that upgrade! Still can't figure out why Ludwig sends such a beautiful drum out the factory door with such a cheap throw off.

Leave a comment:

• Drumming-4-Life
    Guest replied
    Thanks for the clarification! Here's my Monroe, NC Supra modified with the P88 throw off and butt plate kit! I adore this SD.[ATTACH=CONFIG]519555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519556[/ATTACH]
    Nice Supra! Mine has different specs, but the same spirit

Leave a comment:

Working...
X