Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass picolo free floating

Hi everyone,
    I just bougth a used 3.5" brass free floating snare and it as gold die cast hoop on it and I cannot find any information on this snare.
    Does any one of you ever heard of a special edition fot this snare or maybe the previous owner send the hoops to a plating shop.
    Attached Files

Those look like aftermarket gold hoops to me.
    sigpicTOOL

"There’s a strong correlation between this band’s name and the type of people who listen to their MC Escher butt rock. Hopefully it will be 10,000 more days before they release another album."

Comment

Looks a 3.5" deep pearl brass free floater that someone put gold rims on. If you don't like them, i'll take them off your hands. PM me.
      sigpic
      DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

Comment

the snare hoops his identical to a free floating except it is gold.

Comment

I have never seen a FF model that came with gold hoops, not any special edition or limited edition either. I follow the line quite closely, always have, and I have never ran across this. I can only see two options for it. 1) as others have stated they were either plated aftermarket or replaced with gold hoops. OR 2) it was a one of model done for an artist. I am leaning towards #1 myself.

The info I can tell you: it is a 2nd Generation (ran from 1992-2004), and based on the badge it is most likely a 92-95 model shell. They changed the badge in 96 on the piccolos. Hope this info helps.

Comment

Anyways it is gorgeous and sound amazing.

Comment

I used to love mine back in the 90's. I kept a maple shell handy for when the brass became just too loud. Mine had chrome hoops and I cannot recall ever seeing a brass hoop drum. However I do know where to buy those hoops and suspect they are a very nice upgrade on the originals.

You have a very nice drum there my friend.
              Check out my incomplete snare drum collection thread. I like it and think it is quite charming. :)

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...e-drum-per-day

Comment

Originally posted by Leclair View Post
                Hi everyone,
                I just bougth a used 3.5" brass free floating snare and it as gold die cast hoop on it and I cannot find any information on this snare.
                Does any one of you ever heard of a special edition fot this snare or maybe the previous owner send the hoops to a plating shop.
                I think the hoops are upgraded, and actually it fits the shell very well! Now I am wondering, if only it is a 14x8...mmmm..

Still a very nice snare! Congrats! Please share more pics
                sigpic

Winner of Best large kit over 5 pieces category ~ PDF ANNUAL AWARDS 2009 - DOTM February 2011

Some trolls grew up and finally move on with real lifes. Some others will keep on trolling for they recharge their inner energy through conflicts..even it is just the internet. shame..

Comment

IT is probaby an upgrade because the strainer and the lugs are mot gold plated

Comment

Maybe brass plated Ludwig hoops? Ludwig still makes them and they are nice.
                    Want to Buy: Pearl Custom Z drums. PM or email if you find some for sale.

Comment

Working...
                    X