Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eBay alert! Lowest price on a 14x6.5 reference brass snare i've seen in a long time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay alert! Lowest price on a 14x6.5 reference brass snare i've seen in a long time!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Refere...16.m2516.l5255

Someone get on this! $750 obo! + a humes and berg case!
    sigpic
    DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

I bought one new, when they first came out, for around $590 or so if memory serves me right. If I had any idea how they'd increase in value I'd have held onto the drum. I loved that drum but sold it to help fund the purchase of another brass drum.
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/emerald curly maple)
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

Comment

I will assume that was the TKO?
      Drum Workshop 6 Piece Collectors Series in Ruby Glass
      Various Snares
      Trick Pro 1V Double Pedal Black Widow Edition
      Motion Pro Throne

Roland TD 50 KV
      Trick Pro 1V Double Pedal Black Widow Edition
      Ahead Spinal Glide Throne

Comment

Originally posted by steadypocket View Post
        I bought one new, when they first came out, for around $590 or so if memory serves me right. If I had any idea how they'd increase in value I'd have held onto the drum. I loved that drum but sold it to help fund the purchase of another brass drum.
        Yeah, when they first came out they were really nicely priced! Not really sure why they went up in value.
        sigpic

Comment

Not looking to buy it, but if this is a good deal, what do these things regularly go for nowadays? Just curious.
          My Pearl Comet Sparkle Masterworks

My DW's

Comment

Originally posted by Premier View Post
            Not looking to buy it, but if this is a good deal, what do these things regularly go for nowadays? Just curious.
            Over $1,000 USD for a new one. If this one could be had for the $750 (or a better offer) it's a steal.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BRX rad View Post
              Over $1,000 USD for a new one. If this one could be had for the $750 (or a better offer) it's a steal.
              Whoa, thats nuts. Hope someone gets this one for a steal as you say. If I had any cash I'd be sorely tempted!
              My Pearl Comet Sparkle Masterworks

My DW's

Comment

Yeah, i'm not in the market for one, but that is a dang good price. I know someone here might be interested. It looks to be in great shape!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Up2Speed View Post
                  I will assume that was the TKO?
                  Yeah, I bought a TKO, which has become my favorite metal snare. Extraordinary drum but that Reference drum was indeed something special as well. Should have kept it. Found a good home for her though. Think I let it go for $400 back in the day. Boy have times changed.
                  Guru Tour padauk segmented
                  Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/emerald curly maple)
                  Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
                  Tama Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
                  Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

Comment

Originally posted by steadypocket View Post
                    I was lucky enough to snag one for 550$ at massmusic a few years back. Didnt expect that the price will be increased significantly. Looking from the second hand market's availability of this snare, I think it is indeed quite popular and people are happy with its quality.

and "brass" drum you mentioned, I cant help but to think its a JN
                    sigpic

Winner of Best large kit over 5 pieces category ~ PDF ANNUAL AWARDS 2009 - DOTM February 2011

Some trolls grew up and finally move on with real lifes. Some others will keep on trolling for they recharge their inner energy through conflicts..even it is just the internet. shame..

Comment

Working...
                    X