£400ish snare budget....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterdavis View Post
    The MCX is a fantastic all-around wood drum; you can't go wrong.
    YES!!!!!! And if you buy used, you can probably squeeze in a second drum with your £400 budget.
    Looking to sell my 14x5.5 Ludwig "Blacrolite."

Comment

MCX is indeed a great wood drum. Better than any dw wood snare. I have played both enough to know that. Still, I think the Supra is a great choice at that price.
      I'm using my Christmas avatar until they are the correct size.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."- Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Comment

Yes again MCX, with change.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
        8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
        Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies! I would be happy to buy second hand.

I'm finding it a challenge to find MCX snares in the UK, in a finish that would suit my Bronze Glass MCX.

Originally posted by Benn View Post
          Ollie, are you on the 'Buy, Sell, Trade drums in the UK' page on Facebook? If not, I'd join that. Some great bargains to be had on there.
          Thanks Ben! I've just made a new facebook and have just joined the group.
          • Pearl Masters MCX in Bronze Glass > 22, 10, 12, 14 & 16
          • Ludwig 1963 Pre-Serial in Galaxy Sparkle > 20, 13 & 16
          • 14x5 Ludwig '68 Supraphonic, 14x6.5 Pearl Brass Steve Ferrone, 14x6.5 Ludwig LM402, 13x7 Tama SLP G Maple & Pearl 13x3 Brass Piccolo Snares
          • Meinl Byzance Cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by OllieNeedham View Post

I'm finding it a challenge to find MCX snares in the UK, in a finish that would suit my Bronze Glass MCX.

Thanks Ben! I've just made a new facebook and have just joined the group.
            I seriously think the Benny Greb is the best choice by far. especially considering what you already own.
            However if you want a Masters Premium 14"x6.5", I am selling mine, haha.

Old kit: Gretsch New Classic

Comment

Originally posted by OllieNeedham View Post

Forgot about that, I can empathize!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
              8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
              Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

Working...
              X