Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x13

Here's some shots of my new (to me) Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x13 snare. I love it! Nice earthy metallic/almost woody tone, but with tons of bite and projection. It has amazing body and girth to the sound, not a slappy crack, but a robust pop with crack! Really sensitive too. I had this on on layaway when I got my 5x14nSenitone Aluminum, but when I went back and heard it again, I returned the Sensitone and got this. This snare is a beast!

-Tama Granstar (12, 16, 22)
    -Yamaha 7000 Series (12, 13, 16, 22)
    -Crush Sublime E3 (10, 12, 14, 14sn, 16, 22)
    -An array of snares
    -An array of cymbals

Here's a few more!

-An array of snares
    -An array of cymbals

Comment

Beautiful! I've always heard good things about them...
      + FFx3 + Ultracast
      sigpic

Comment

Beautiful! They sound fantastic!
        Sonor S-Classix - Sonor 3007 - Zildjian and Dream - Marimba One

CHURCH DRUMMER'S ARMY

Originally posted by beermaniac
        Each time i see this i wish i had the power to summon meteorite strikes or at least set people on fire
        just by hating them :(

Comment

Originally posted by steel5blue View Post
          Beautiful! I've always heard good things about them...
          Thanks, that's an amazing snare!

Originally posted by bobthebrick View Post
          Beautiful! They sound fantastic!
          It does sound amazing!
          -An array of snares
          -An array of cymbals

Comment

Very nice!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
            8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
            Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

That's a great looking and probably great sounding snare you've got there MJ, congrats!
              Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

Comment

Nice. Glad you like it. I would have to replace the orange strapping with black for the snares though. A bit garish.
                Pearl WX: 8x5.5/10x6.5/10x8/12x10/13x11/14x12/16x16/18x16/22x16/22x16 Piano Black
                Pearl MCX: 8x7/10x8/12x9/13x10/14x14/16x16/22x18 Quilted Bubinga Sunburst
                Pearl MPL: 8x7/10x8/12x9/13x10/14x14/16x16/22x18 Ultra Blue Fade
                6 pc Mapex Saturn SE Birch/Walnut in Ocean Wave Fade for SALE- PM Me

Comment

Great snare you snagged there! I really like the bronze snares....but then again I like just about any metal snare I have never had the chance to play that Mapex, but I have heard so many good things about them, and I have been overall impressed with all the Mapex snares I have played on! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                    Very nice!
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by scooterdavis View Post
                    That's a great looking and probably great sounding snare you've got there MJ, congrats!
                    Thanks, it sure does sound great!

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                    Nice. Glad you like it. I would have to replace the orange strapping with black for the snares though. A bit garish.
                    Thanks! Eventually I will replace those straps, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Originally posted by lddrummer View Post
                    Great snare you snagged there! I really like the bronze snares....but then again I like just about any metal snare I have never had the chance to play that Mapex, but I have heard so many good things about them, and I have been overall impressed with all the Mapex snares I have played on! Congrats!
                    I love bronze snares too. One of my favorites in my collection is a World Max Bronze 6.5x14, and that too is a beast! Mapex makes some nice snares and this one is no exception!
                    -An array of snares
                    -An array of cymbals

Comment

Working...
                    X