Acrylic Snares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrylic Snares

Lets discuss these clear jokers. I've always wanted one in my arsenal, just haven't had the right one size wise come around, and now 1 has. Any thoughts on them? I've owned numerous maple and steel snares, but just curious if anyone has tried them with different edges. This one is supposed to have a rolled edge to change the tone.. But I've heard a couple people say acrylic snares are boxy, nothing more. I'm not afraid to try something, just curious of opinions of you guys that use them. My desired snare is 13x6-7, I don't know what large, if any differences there would be compared to a 14 snare
    Emerald Fade / Black Hardware BRP - 24x18, 12x9, 16x16, 18x16
    Orange Satin Swirl EXR - 24x18, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16

Masterworks/Reference 14x6 - OCDP 13x7 - J.J. 13x6.5

TAMA RoadPro Tom Stand FOR SALE.. PM ME!

I put a sound clip of my 13x7 in this thread - http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...-snare-arsenal

I'm on the phone so unsure of post number, but the date was Jan 12.

Comment

I have two acrylic snares and love them both, they are loud and cutting, and have a tone unlike any other, well IMO. I like them myself and apparently so do others as my Crush 7 x 14 acrylic snare has way more hits than any other snare video I posted at that time. Don't listen to people, go try one out for yourself if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by zarrdoss View Post
        I have two acrylic snares and love them both, they are loud and cutting, and have a tone unlike any other, well IMO. I like them myself and apparently so do others as my Crush 7 x 14 acrylic snare has way more hits than any other snare video I posted at that time. Don't listen to people, go try one out for yourself if you can.
        Cool deal. Only one I ever remember hearing live is Eric Singer and it sounded good... But that was compressed gated and eq'd to death I'm sure in that scale of a concert.

Hell I may just buy it, if I don't like it ill sell it... Or just look at it. Lol

Comment

I have a 14x5 vistalite. I've only briefly played it, but I played a PDP 14x5 acrylic snare a few years ago which sounded awesome. I need to try mine out more but I've also heard they're one-trick ponies.
          Ludwig WMP Concert Toms: 6/8/10/12/13/14/15/16/18/20/24, 15" custom snare. Zildjian.

Comment

here are some links to mine, just quick samples of the drum and thank god not my playing. lol Recorded with just a video camera and not gated or tweaked in any way.
            7 x 14 Pacific (DW) with triple flange hoops Evans Genera HD stock reso and wires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouD2AKxIJzk

Crush 7 x 14 with die cast hoops Evans PCRD stock 24 strand wires and reso.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYLZJBw_lwM

Comment

13x6 or 7 is also the size of acrylic drum I want. We're snare drum bros!

Comment

Originally posted by nik12 View Post
                13x6 or 7 is also the size of acrylic drum I want. We're snare drum bros!
                You got that rite!!! I've even thought about selling the Masterworks to get another in 13x6.5... But I I haven't decided on another ref spec or get a 13" in ES specs.

Comment

Originally posted by zarrdoss View Post
                  here are some links to mine, just quick samples of the drum and thank god not my playing. lol Recorded with just a video camera and not gated or tweaked in any way.
                  7 x 14 Pacific (DW) with triple flange hoops Evans Genera HD stock reso and wires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouD2AKxIJzk

Crush 7 x 14 with die cast hoops Evans PCRD stock 24 strand wires and reso.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYLZJBw_lwM
                  I'm diggin the crush sound. Just a hair of moongel would do it for me. I think ill order another snare now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow95Cobra View Post
                    I'm diggin the crush sound. Just a hair of moongel would do it for me. I think ill order another snare now.
                    Yeah I usually throw a half a moongel on it when I play. Plenty of 13 x 7 Crush on the net for about 180.

Comment

I ordered a 13x6 with satin hardware tube lugs a sound blasters. We'll see what happens

Comment

What brand? custom?

Comment

I found it in drumsonsale.com. They custom built it. Well see what happens with it

Comment

Originally posted by Slow95Cobra View Post
                            I found it in drumsonsale.com. They custom built it. Well see what happens with it
                            Ill have to get good pics when it come
                            Attached Files

Comment

nice die cast hoops trick throw, you will have to post pics when it arrives.

Comment

Working...
                              X