Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anton Fig Snare Drum

Hey all,

I'm planning to get a Yamaha Anton Fig Snare for christmas, I've read a lot of good things about it. So I was wondering - have any of you owned one this snare? Do you like them? Advantages? Disadvantages? At the moment I have a pearl forum with the standard snare so this is quite a big upgrade and I want to keep good care of it and get the best possible sound from it. Any tips?

I have tryed to use the search function, but it always gives me a "Fatal Error". Any info is welcomed!

Cheers,
    Tim
    Last edited by lumpythecamel; 12-15-2008, 08:44 AM.
    Check out my youtube vids! Just type in "Tim Lucas drums" and you'll find em! cheers :D

Also, check out my band!

www.myspace.com/thebluntofficial

New and improved videos should be on the myspace shortly! :D

never played it myself, but i've seen bands use it live and it sounds fantastic. nice, warm, open, and not too deep. just the right combo of body and crack.
    sigpic
    im 12 and what is this

Comment

Member Quint here has one. You might want to send him a private message if he doesn't see this thread.

Comment

cheers for the comments, I probably will send Quint a PM. I've been reading really good things about it on other forums aswell and I'm definantly gunna go for it.
        Check out my youtube vids! Just type in "Tim Lucas drums" and you'll find em! cheers :D

Also, check out my band!

Comment

I had an Anton Fig for about a year and it's an excellent drum. I only sold it when I got my Craviotto Unlimited 6.5 x 14. You'll really like the drum. It's a 7 mm shell with plenty of crack but the wood hoops really help preserve a nice woody, fat sound and provide an unbelievable cross-sticking and rimshot. The hardware is all top notch and the lugs are really unique. The 6 x 14 size is a nice fit for about any size kit.

Be sure and post some pics when you get the new goods.

Comment

They're good. You won't regret it.

Comment

That thing is ****ing loud. It is a great drum overall, very sensitive.
              My Kit!

http://pearldrummersforum.com/showth...post1853278835

Selling a 4x14 Vintage Stave Tamburo Snare. More info upon request.

Comment

thanks for the comments, and yeah i will defo put some pics up once i get it!

Also, check out my band!

Comment

my favorite snare of all that I own.

Very versatile tuning throughout the range of the drum- Unlike some snares that can sound great at a certain sweet spot, but don't sound so hot outside of that very narrow tuning... I found the Fig snare sounds quite good at all kinds of tunings. Low and fat, or higher and tight- it all seems to sound good out of that drum.

When you search, do it for "anton" and you'll come up with results....

http://pearldrummersforum.com/search...archid=4980252
                  Last edited by Black Frog; 12-16-2008, 01:51 PM.
                  BlackFrogMusic.com

Comment

Pics!

<3 my Anton.
                    Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the info froggy!

Quint - looks awesome.

Also, check out my band!

Comment

thanks, man!
                        make a new thread if santa brings you the Fig.

Comment

My church I play at had 3 of them at one time.
                          A guest drummer that played came and BROKE the top wood hope.
                          The other one was bought be a drummer who plays weekly.
                          The third is a " musical snare " ( no pun intended ). It's just a spare, goes from building to building or studio or whatever. It was triple flanged hoops on it.

It is a VERY mellow snare.
                          No matter how you tune it, just about wrinkle, or cranking it, it always has a TON of high end crack. Not much body. It feels super good to play on though, especially with the wood hoops.
                          Vanity of Vanities...................

............ALL is vanity.

Comment

My local Sam Ash has that snare in stock. Every time I go there I have to play it. It has a great feel due to the wood hoops and yes, very sensitive. One of these days...................

Comment

My local Sam Ash has that snare in stock. Every time I go there I have to play it. It has a great feel due to the wood hoops and yes, very sensitive. One of these days...................

Comment

Working...
                              X