pearl free floating system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pearl free floating system

i just saw this snare yesturday i think it was and wow this has to be one of my favorite snares (looks anyway) i have never heard it but i really want to now lol. does anyone have one if so please post pics of it and does it have a pingy sound to it or more of a crack thanks
    blah

sorry to deprive you of a good reply but,

ive also been lookin at getting a free floater and i didnt want to start a whole new topic for this question.

since the shell is an inch and a half shorter than the actual drum depth, does that mean a free floating 6.5x14 has the sound of a non ff regular 5x14 snare drum?

also, as long as i buy the shell a 1.5 inch shorter than the ff drum depth and with a flat bottom edge i can get any shell i can dream of? (or at least as long as a company can make it for me )

Comment

Having to decide between the ultracast and the free floater, I decided on the free floater. I've only had the snare maybe a month or more and using the stock heads still....This snare sounds beautiful!! Lots of crack and body. Listen to 1 before you buy it. I think you will like it!!
      SRX-Carbon Mist
      Toms: 8x10, 9x12, 12x14, 16x14
      Bass Drum: 18x22
      Snare: Pearl Free Floater
      Cymbals: Paiste, Sabian
      Heads: Aquarian Response 2, Evans

Comment

good point hmm i wonder. man it looks amazing
        blah

Comment

Originally posted by mdago
          Having to decide between the ultracast and the free floater, I decided on the free floater. I've only had the snare maybe a month or more and using the stock heads still....This snare sounds beautiful!! Lots of crack and body. Listen to 1 before you buy it. I think you will like it!!
          ok will do hopefully they have one down at sam ash when i go down there on saturday to change one of the heads i got. and if they do i will ask the questions that u said blastbeetz and see

oh yeah also how much did you get yours for?
          Last edited by joeyasclown; 02-04-2004, 08:19 PM.
          blah

Comment

i know one thing, with a free floater u can crank up that kevlar head.
            :)

Comment

To answer blastbeetz question, these snares have a nice fat sound and you can crank them for a good crack, and yes you can substitute other materials in place of what's there aa long as one side is flat. I just got an acrylic shell and had a 47 degree bearing edge cut on it and it has a great sound, I also have a 6 ply maple and aluminum shells as well.

Dave...
              Last edited by 3Dave3; 02-04-2004, 11:16 PM.
              "All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players"

Comment

Originally posted by 3Dave3
                To answer blastbeetz question, these snares have a nice fat sound and you can crank them for a good crack, and yes you can substitute other materials in place of what's there aa long as one side is flat. I just got an acrylic shell and had a 47 degree bearing edge cut on it and it has a great sound, I also have a 6 ply maple and aluminum shells as well.

Dave...
                Aluminum shell thats not a Tico Sig? Never seen that before. How did you get it?
                Maynard James Keenan is god.
                TOOL and A Perfect Circle Rule!

Comment

No it's not a Tico Torres but it's the same shell, I bought this set-up used from the original owner and it came with the two shells and I never thought to ask. I believe however that this is from the early to mid nineties, I'll have to check up on it to make sure but you can see on the badge it is a Pearl aluminum shell.

Dave...
                  "All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players"

Comment

Working...
                  X