Jealous of my dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jealous of my dad

My dad collects/restores instruments as his hobby. He primarily buys Fender Prosonic amps and 50th anniversary Fender guitars and basses. But he also apparently collects snares now too. He's never told me what he has until Sunday when I was over at his house. I've been looking for a new snare so I wanted to see what he had, to maybe buy one from him. Here's his list, of which I would own any. I think they're all 14x5.5.

Pearl Sensitone Elite Brass.
    Pearl JR Robinson Signature Maple-Natural
    Pearl Masters Birch-Black
    Pearl Masters Maple/Tamo Ash (I need this snare)
    Pearl Reference-Twilight Fade (He paid $300 for it)
    Pearl Masterworks Rosewood w/ gold hardware (an amazing looking drum)

My all around favorites as far as looks and sound are the Brass and Masters Maple/Tamo. Oh to one day have money....

Incredible!
    Can't he lend you one? he is your dad after all..
    Free the JJ thread.

Comment

Wow!!!

If he lends you one, get the Masterworks, thats just great. I wish my dad done that!

Comment

Forget lending, I'm looking for them to be my early inheritance! The thing is he bought them for the purpose of selling them at a profit so he probably won't be willing to cut me much of a deal. Although he got some of them for obscenely cheap...

Comment

Oh man, your dad just got a ton of "awesome dad" points. See if he'll cut you any sort of deal, cause those snares are great.

Comment

Originally posted by fpdrummer
            Forget lending, I'm looking for them to be my early inheritance! The thing is he bought them for the purpose of selling them at a profit so he probably won't be willing to cut me much of a deal. Although he got some of them for obscenely cheap...
            Hmmm...Your own dad isn't willing to give you a gift? As a father, I can't wait to take my son drum shopping.
            Check out my NEW site: www.drums-of-newyork.com

Comment

He's given me plenty of gifts, he fronted me the money for my Reference since it was one of those deals you couldn't pass up, sold me stuff for uber cheap, let me borrow things until I bought my own. He now knows how badly I want the Tamo Ash Masters, so I'll have to wait and see how responds.

Comment

How old are you? Does your dad play an instrument?
                Ocean Sparkle Masters
                Here she is:
                http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...=ocean+sparkle

Band website:
                http://www.alwaysfrantic.com/home.cfm

Comment

Originally posted by luvmydrumz
                  How old are you? Does your dad play an instrument?
                  24- which is why I don't expect anything "free" from him. Discounts yes though

He primarily plays drums too, but also plays guitar and some bass.

Comment

Originally posted by fpdrummer
                    24- which is why I don't expect anything "free" from him. Discounts yes though

He primarily plays drums too, but also plays guitar and some bass.
                    Oh - ok. I though you were younger.
                    Check out my NEW site: www.drums-of-newyork.com

Comment

You need to be a dad like him when your kids grow up =O
                      sigpic

Comment

Masters Tamo Ash snares= Gold.
                        -=Gord=-

Need some Microphone info?

Comment

Do you have any pics? I would love to see some pics of those snares...
                          There will come a time when your dreams come crashing around you. It is at that point you alone must make the decision. Do you pick up the pieces and start over? Or do you walk away and never look back?

Comment

Not currently, but if I remember to take a camera over there next time I'll try to take some.

Comment

you surely have a spare key to your folks place, along with access to information as to when they will be out and a mischevious mind, don't you?!

Comment

Working...
                              X