Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearl BRX 14x5.5 in Millenium Silver... questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl BRX 14x5.5 in Millenium Silver... questions.

I'm looking at buying a used (but not abused) Pearl BRX 14x5.5 in Millenium Silver. I've heard from some that this is a "limited edition" drum and I've heard from others that it's not, that it just wasn't a popular finish. Does anybody know the real story about this finish/drum? Maybe Al or Gene?

Also, I've never played a birch snare. What's it like? How much would YOU be willing to shell out for this drum?

Thanks for the help guys!

No, it wasn't an overly popular finish. Its somewhat similar to Platinum Mist.

Birch snares are great - the 10-ply Birch by Pearl is one of the most sought after. I use a 6.5 BRX as my main snare on my large kit. Cuts perfectly thru the mix and tunes up easily
    "The Steinway" 2005 Pearl BRX Black Sparkle 7-piece
    "The Road Warrior" 2006 Pearl BRX Midnight Fade 5-piece
    U.S. Fleet Commander - Pearl Masterworks Free Floating Snares

Comment

im sure it was a linited edidtion finish in 2000, somebody on the forum has a big kit in this colour with black hardware. i love it and wish they still offered it, do you think it could be done as a special order?
      vater : pearl : meinl : evans

my youtube

pearl masters brp
      latest pics: p9
      white marine pearl
      20x18
      14x14
      12x8

WWW.ONE.ORG

Comment

Originally posted by sparkie
        im sure it was a linited edidtion finish in 2000, somebody on the forum has a big kit in this colour with black hardware. i love it and wish they still offered it, do you think it could be done as a special order?
        We just did a BRX kit in Millenium Silver for a customer so I know it can still be special ordered - please allow 4-6 months delivery time.
        sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Originally posted by AL PERCIVAL
          We just did a BRX kit in Millenium Silver for a customer so I know it can still be special ordered - please allow 4-6 months delivery time.
          thanks you very much for the fast reply.
          vater : pearl : meinl : evans

my youtube

pearl masters brp
          latest pics: p9
          white marine pearl
          20x18
          14x14
          12x8

WWW.ONE.ORG

Comment

Ive got a Millenium Silver BRX w/satin hardware. One of the best Pearl Finishes ive ever seen...however the satin hardware is very sensitive to damage and mine is a little pitted, which is unfortunate.

not a big fan of the 5.5x14" BRX snare. i use a 6.5x14 MMX snare with 2.3mm hoops.
            Official Recording Tip of the month for November:

Sometimes, things just need to go to 11.

Comment

Thanks for your help everybody. I was outbid at the last second but another BRX (14x6.5) has come to my attention. Hope I win!

Comment

Working...
              X