pacific FS birch snares, talk to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pacific FS birch snares, talk to me

these any good? i'm not expecting a $1000 snare for cheap, but i may have a chance to buy one for not much, and was wondering if these are decent, or just sloppy work through and though. won't have a chance to play it first, which is why i'm asking. thanks!
    BP sold! have odds and ends, in case anyone is restoring something (a ton of the generic old pearl style lugs), Gibraltar 8 lug DCs (tom hoops with holes drilled for snare wires) 12" gong, and a new zildjian 12" A custom splash, portnoy 11" splash, some old parts that will fit an acrolite....

Nothing special really. What you can (or can't) expect from any stock snare pretty much. What's all the threads on cheap snares? A good snare is surely worth saving up for. It's the center of any drumset, and will vastly improve the overall sound of any kit.

Comment

i have 8 lug die casts looking for a home. it's birch, if their QC isn't a horror show, i can roll with it. hear the strainers break, and seen it, but hey, i can replaced that.
      BP sold! have odds and ends, in case anyone is restoring something (a ton of the generic old pearl style lugs), Gibraltar 8 lug DCs (tom hoops with holes drilled for snare wires) 12" gong, and a new zildjian 12" A custom splash, portnoy 11" splash, some old parts that will fit an acrolite....

Comment

Why not get a nice shell from global drums or something? Why waste the opportunity on a cheap shell?

Comment

cheap, birch,8 lug, hardware included.

Comment

They're not good snares. Period. Does that answer your question?
            For Sale:
            -(2x) DW 9700 stands
            -DW 9000 snare stand
            -Pork Pie round throne (black swirl top/silver sparkle base)
            -14"x8" Dark Horse custom snare (champagne glitter, full length tube lugs)
            -16" K Dark Crash
            -(cracked) 24" K Light Ride
            -(cracked) 16" Paiste Prototype Crash

Comment

Originally posted by microkit
              cheap, birch,8 lug, hardware included.
              Well go for it, if you want to try polishing a turd. You seem to care more about putting those die cast hoops on something than anything else...

Comment

Originally posted by cinematic sam
                They're not good snares. Period. Does that answer your question?

indeed it does. poor quality control i assume?

Comment

Originally posted by microkit
                  indeed it does. poor quality control i assume?
                  Exactly. They're stock snares. Nothing special about them. You'll get what you pay for.
                  For Sale:
                  -(2x) DW 9700 stands
                  -DW 9000 snare stand
                  -Pork Pie round throne (black swirl top/silver sparkle base)
                  -14"x8" Dark Horse custom snare (champagne glitter, full length tube lugs)
                  -16" K Dark Crash
                  -(cracked) 24" K Light Ride
                  -(cracked) 16" Paiste Prototype Crash

Comment

Working...
                  X