Puresound Blaster Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puresound Blaster Wires

im looking into these, im still using Mapex wires, and i dont know where they get them from.
    they seem like they would be good for when im playing my heavier stuff, but maybe not a softer moment in a slower song (tho i usually play outside the center dot on my snare for that)

any have any experience with these or maybe a good snare wire set for me>
    i play prog, most metal, and some slower things as well.
    I used to use this forum for quite a long time, took a break from 2010-late 2012. Hoping to be more active again!

The Blasters themselves sound pretty good, but the black plastic strap they come with will kill some of the sensitivity of the snares. However, because of this, there will not be as much "snare buzz" from your toms or kick. I have them on My 14x6.5 Sensitone Elite Aluminum snare, and although I was pleased with the sound, I ended up going to a nylon cord.....(kite string) I tried stock Puresound cords but they were way too flexible and caused too much "snare buzz".

Compared to the stock Pearl Ultrasounds, the sound is a little more "raspier"??, but volume seems to be about the same.

Comment

I have them on both my snares and they completely transform it. Talk to me on AIM and I'll tell you all about it.

But to help everyone out who's curious. Buy the blasters, their the cheapest and best snare wires around, they will turn your snare into a sensitive cracky powerhouse!

Comment

I had the stock snares on my Ludwig Classic Maple, and wasn't that fond of them. Once I got the Blasters, I truely enjoyed the sound more. Now as soon as I trade out the Evans Power Dot for a Coated Emporer, it will be 100% perfect

Comment

it seems as tho i should get these
          thanks a lot guys
          im throwing it on my christmas list
          I used to use this forum for quite a long time, took a break from 2010-late 2012. Hoping to be more active again!

Comment

ya im thinking of getting a set now for my brass snare too
            Tama Superstar Custom

Comment

Originally posted by AndJustice4All68
              im looking into these, im still using Mapex wires, and i dont know where they get them from.
              they seem like they would be good for when im playing my heavier stuff, but maybe not a softer moment in a slower song (tho i usually play outside the center dot on my snare for that)

any have any experience with these or maybe a good snare wire set for me>
              i play prog, most metal, and some slower things as well.
              I put puresound wires on all my snares, they sound great..they totally improve the sound of the drum. i recommend the super30s
              MYSPACE
              www.myspace.com/chriszillarivers

Comment

I liked them until i placed my custom 24's on. much better. brighter with a more articulate response. makes recording much easier.
                My Studio

Pearl Masters Custom, 10, 12, 14, 22, A Custom 18", A Projection 19", Sweet Ride 21", 14'' A Custom Mastersound Hats, SJC 14x6.5, Pork Pie 12x5

Mic Comparisons - Kick Floor Tom Rack Snare

Comment

Originally posted by Basementdrummer83
                  I put puresound wires on all my snares, they sound great..they totally improve the sound of the drum. i recommend the super30s
                  I'm considering those for my 8x14.
                  Arm The Citizen
                  Deserving Teeth

My Eames/Bosphorus kit (10/15/09)

Comment

Working...
                  X